Wheels Littlehampton

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

JamesB

Wheels Littlehampton

Postby JamesB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 am

Hi guys.
Thought I'd stick a post up for the Wheels event in Littlehampton on 31/7-01/08.
This was run in 2008,but they skipped 2009.
My mate showed his mojo in 08,and got a nice pitch.If you wanted to give the organisers a tinkle,I am sure they would give you a nice area to display the cars.It is on the green next to the "dog poo" cafe,right on the sea front.
Here is a link to the site...http://www.wheelsevent.co.uk/
Could be a good excuse for a BBQ ???
Cheers,JamesB :)

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Wheels Littlehampton

Postby Tony B » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am

This sounds a bit of a hoot, I'm up for it :D

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 am

Looks like a laugh. I'll see if my boy wants to come with me for the day. Are we looking to do Sat or Sun?

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:14 pm

I'd be up for that, any chance of a "club stand" to help spead the word or is it first come, first served?

EDIT - OK I just read that bit on their website, but all the words I found suggest payment :o I'm assuming that as we wouldn't be selling anything, but would be providing an attraction there wouldn't be a cost? They also keep saying wheels '08, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Hell, I may even clean the car.

T

JamesB

Postby JamesB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:27 pm

I went in 08,and it was a good day. Not huge,but a nice day by the seaside.
Unfortunately I am in Devon on those days this year. But I reckon they would give you some land to pitch up on FOC. I bloody hope they would,anyway!!!

JamesB

Postby JamesB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am

It turns out that SWMBO has to come back early from Devon for work,so I now will be around that W/E. Hoorah!
I have found out that Complete Kit Car have a pitch booked for the event,and if we let them know how many would be interested in attending,they have said we could use their pitch for a bit of a get-together.
This is a pretty good offer/opportunity,I reckon??
So,who's up for it??
( My car is only a bare chassis,but I live close enough to walk it down to the show,and have offered to loan it to them for the W/E!!!)
Cheers James(B). :)

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:52 pm

It's all gone quiet on this, any news? Is this still happening? etc etc

- tenpin

JamesB

Postby JamesB » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 am

Here is a link to the website...
http://www.wheelsevent.co.uk/
AFAIK,it's still going on,and complete kit car are still going to be there.
It should be pretty good. On a side note,
the new bench along the sea front is coming along nicely,and is worth a visit.I love it,but its a very "marmite" piece of architecture!!
It is the longest bench in the uk.
It runs along the edge of the wheels event,and although it is not finished yet,the main structures are present.
It was designed by the same people as the cafe...

Anyway,that is enough work for the littlehampton tourist board!!
I hope some of you will come down.A couple of kit cars will add alot to the event.
And it would be nice to put some faces to names.I live about 500yds from the sea front,so will be around all w/e.
Adam at CKC said that they would have space for some cars,but only if we let him know how many ASAP!!
Other than that,there should be plenty of parking around. There are 2 big car parks at either end of the event,and a few kit cars parked next to each other anywhere creates its own little motor show!!

JamesB

Postby JamesB » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I had a message from Adam at CKC today,asking if we had any idea of how many,if any would be coming,so that they knew how much room they would need. Please let me know by replying if you would like to come to the event,and if you would like to use the CKC area to park.
Many thanks,James B

JamesB

Postby JamesB » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

If anyone wants to be included into the CKC display on the day,then you will need to be there by 9.30,and you won't be able to move your car again until 5pm. They shut off the event area for the day. There is ample parking around the area though,if you dont fancy being "locked in" for the whole day.
There is plenty to do though,with some good fish and chip shops,and the beach 10 ft away.
I will put a reminder up a few days before the event.
Cheers,JamesB

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”