Wheels Littlehampton

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

JamesB

Re: Wheels Littlehampton

Postby JamesB » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi all.
Just a gentle reminder about this event. If anyone is coming down for this,please feel free t drop me a line,as I shall be lurking all weekend.
Maybe see one or two of you there. :)
Cheers James(B).

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi James, I'll be there - looks like both days. Hope the weather's nice.

Stuart

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 pm

i would have come to this james as i live in angmering ,but i have to work, bar hum bug :cry: have i good time stuart,your car will confuse a few :lol: :lol: cheera paul

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:18 am

Yeah working as well unfortunately :(
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

earthwormjim

Postby earthwormjim » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 am

Weather update this morning...
It was raining up to about an hour ago.
But it has stopped now and seems to be brightening up a little.
Still some darkish clouds around though.
James :)

earthwormjim

Postby earthwormjim » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Nice car,Stuart. didn't see you though.
Maybe tomorrow.
There was my mates Sylva Mojo,and a very clean white MK that was for sale.And the CKC stand had Stuarts 360,and the CKC Murtaya.
Was a fun day today.
There is a local oval racing circuit in angmering,and they turned up en masse with everything from go karts to big jag stock cars.They smoked and donuted (sp?) all over a makeshift oval track in the car park.Brilliant fun.Lots of noise and smoke :D

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm

It was a very busy day - it started off damp and wet, stayed damp and wet and then added windy. Eventually it dried up and was very pleasant. I think I only managed to get away from my car to have a very quick look round once for about 5 mins. But we do it all again tomorrow with the promise of better weather.
When I get a chance I'll post a few pics.

- Stuart

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Had a good weekend at the show, even got to have a play with a Segway!

Big shame that no one came up and said hello. Apart, obviously, from the several hundred general public who did and who just wondered if they could sit in / have a photo taken with the 'Ferrari'.

One guy wouldn't believe me that it was an MR2, despite she who was with him saying that she'd read the CKC sign explaining about the car. In the end I had to demonstrate how quick and easy it was to lift the engine out of my car. If you've seen it, you'll understand. Well, apart from a red face, he saw the funny side and came back later to show his mate!

This was a good show and hats off to CKC mag for supporting it - they were never going to make money from the event - they did it to help raise awareness of kit cars amongst the general public. It's the sort of thing we should do more of.

Stuart

earthwormjim

Postby earthwormjim » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 pm

I had a good look at your "engine",Stuart.And you did a very good job with it.It really wasn't obvious. I presume that the whole thing comes out a'la tea tray??

(the artist formally known as JamesB)

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 pm

That's about the size of it! Here's a pic without the strings attached. Don't look if you don't want to know how the trick is done ;)

- Stuart
IMG_4411_min.JPG
IMG_4411_min.JPG (47.62 KiB) Viewed 2664 times

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”