Help for Heros 2011

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Furyblade_Lee

Help for Heros 2011

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:59 pm

My next door neighbour (a soldier) has just returned from this years 2010 event, it looks like a right laugh for a weekend away and I have said I will join him doing it next year. Basically it was an organised run, hosted at the start by Brands Hatch, down to the beach in Devon raising money for our wounded / amputated troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. £100 entry fee and raise as much sponsorship as you can. This year, the first year of running, they raised several thousand pounds and hope to get it bigger every year. Apparently, they drank poop loads of beer too in Devon.... they used an old Skoda they bought for £50 and decorated in Army colours and a camo net, but any car can take part. I am planning to do mine similar and cover it in camo net, with a couple of huge SuperSoaker water pistols mounted on the rollbar, if anyone remember the Tamiya "Fast Attack Vehicle" radio control car, something along those lines. If anyone fancies doing it next year, bear it in mind and i will post details up nearer the time.

James

Re: Help for Heros 2011

Postby James » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm

sounds like a fun plan! ive got a crap memory so shout nearer the time lol :)

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”