Lydden Hill Mini Rods 09/03/2024

Moderator: Contaminated

Jasonmpk

Lydden Hill Mini Rods 09/03/2024

Postby Jasonmpk » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:42 pm

Well it was the 1st event of the season and an up and down day, some great results for Matt and Kev, Ill let them post pics and video links, just to say am glam to be part of their team as pit crew again this year doing wheel changes, tyre pressures and fluid levels, am no F1 crew, but i do try !! :D , The catering team did a great job too so thanks to them Kev.
Jason
Last edited by Jasonmpk on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ.

Re: Lydden Hill Mini Rods 09/04/2024

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:01 pm

I've only seen Matt's post on Facebook, sounds like he had a great day. Good to hear Kev did well too :D

Of course the fact that those cheats have been banned from Lydden has probably made it more about the driver's ability.

Matth93

Re: Lydden Hill Mini Rods 09/03/2024

Postby Matth93 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:52 pm

It was a good day yesterday, the field of minis was down on numbers a bit but it was good clean racing with no real damage to anyone.
I had to start at the back of the grid for both heats after finishing in the top 3 in points last year.

Heat 1
The car was just going so well, within a lap I had got past half the cars and had soon got the rest bar one that had got away. He is a quick driver but as I reeled him in expecting to have a fight to get past his car died so then I was gone. By the end of the race I was a good half a lap clear of the rest of the cars.

Heat 2
Again from the back didn’t get through as quick and ended up clipping the back of one car taking us both onto the grass, only lost one or two places as I didn’t stop. Gradually picked cars off and caught second place then as I tried to go round the outside of him I put the back wheels on the loose gravel and the car started to spin just kept my foot in and it pulled itself straight again but he’d got away a little and with only a lap left I didn’t get through so finished 3rd.

Final
They lined us up in points scored order (highest at the front) so I had pole position. I slowed the whole pack right down on the rolling lap and then went for it beating the car next to me into the bend and managed to pull enough of a lead over him to not have to worry too much about him for the rest of the race. By the end of the race me and second place had pulled away from the pack and was starting to catch some back markers.
So a good day with 2 wins and a 3rd place. Thanks to Jason, Kev and all the rest of our little team for all their help during the day
IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

I didn’t get any video from the first heat as the camera wouldn’t work but here’s the other 2
Heat 2
https://youtu.be/LB8NLy6pGwU?si=lUC65cTyFMQLF0-_
Final
https://youtu.be/kIaKD1KMKYI?si=Jl6c0NQkj0_Qd8DD

DJ.

Re: Lydden Hill Mini Rods 09/03/2024

Postby DJ. » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:26 pm

Thanks for the write up Matt, well done :D
How did you do Kev?

Return to “Matt and Kevs Outlaw Racing 2022 Dates”