Lydden hill 13 th April

Moderator: Contaminated

Matth93

Lydden hill 13 th April

Postby Matth93 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:48 pm

Race day yesterday meant changing a wheel bearing Friday night and doing a couple of other little jobs on the car, nothing like a bit of last minute preparation :lol:

Heat 1
Started at the back of the grid on one of the first laps I dropped a rear wheel onto the grass and was sideways halfway down the straight, managed to hold it though. Picked my way through the pack with one other sideways moment in the cut through and into the lead. The last 2 laps I had 2nd place all over me but I wasn’t giving the place up and finished 1st.

Heat 2

From the back got through the pack fairly quickly and into the lead opening up about a half a lap lead by the end of the race.

Final

Struggled to get through the pack in this one got to 3rd and with a bit of weaving around on the back of 2nd eventually got round him then had a fight to get past the leader eventually managing it with one lap left of the race.
So really happy with how it went my best result in one days racing ever in all my years of racing.
I didn’t even have to get my hands dirty this time with Jason and Richard on wheel changes and general car prep between races it all went smoothly.
Thanks to all our little team for a great effort and making it a really good day.
IMG_3795.jpeg

Matth93

Re: Lydden hill 13 th April

Postby Matth93 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:51 pm

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am

Well done Matt, I enjoyed the videos, you look a lot quicker than the others. If I was Kev I think I'd be protesting your car's legality :mrgreen:

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:45 pm

Don’t give him ideas :lol: In all seriousness my car is right though, the only thing that’s not the same between our cars is I refreshed my engine last year but we have plans to do one for kevs car in the next few months as money allows. I actually want to swap cars with Kev at one meeting and see what happens cos I’m sure it’s mainly down to differences in driving style between me and Kev

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:41 pm

That would be interesting, I'm sure you're right though.

Return to “Matt and Kevs Outlaw Racing 2022 Dates”