Sunday, March 22nd

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

nelmo

Sunday, March 22nd

Postby nelmo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:10 pm

Assuming there aren't tanks on the streets, I'm planning a run on Sunday (weather's looking good).

I'm afraid I don't do early and, anyway, I have to take my son to work first, so the plan is to meet at Please Pottage services around 9.30 - 9.45 and then follow a fairly straight 50 mile route to the Sovereign Light Cafe. Yes, I know it may not be open but I'm going for the drive...I'm hoping the virus might keep the roads quieter ;)

Anyone is free to join me and I can email the ITN if wanted, or if anyone has a longer route they would like to use, no problem (I am not familiar with the roads so I've just done a vague route on lesser roads and trying to avoid big towns - might be rubbish :oops:).

1. Neil H

Wingco

Re: Sunday, March 22nd

Postby Wingco » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am

You are right Neil, the weather does look good for Sunday.
Unfortunately i am still of the road doing odd jobs to it so I can't but have a good ride out.
Assuming there aren't tanks on the streets, I'm planning a run on Sunday (weather's looking good).

I'm afraid I don't do early and, anyway, I have to take my son to work first, so the plan is to meet at Please Pottage services around 9.30 - 9.45 and then follow a fairly straight 50 mile route to the Sovereign Light Cafe. Yes, I know it may not be open but I'm going for the drive...I'm hoping the virus might keep the roads quieter ;)
Anyone is free to join me and I can email the ITN if wanted, or if anyone has a longer route they would like to use, no problem (I am not familiar with the roads so I've just done a vague route on lesser roads and trying to avoid big towns - might be rubbish :oops:).

1. Neil H
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:02 am

You’ll be ok at the Sovereign Neil, my car still has a problem so I’ll be working on that this weekend so have a good run

C4F3DF2C-3CC4-4972-BF73-76D39F53A6A1.png

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:20 am

Good plan, I would have joined you but have go and console my daughter who is having to cancel her wedding :(

nelmo wrote:Assuming there aren't tanks on the streets, I'm planning a run on Sunday (weather's looking good).

1. Neil H

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Neil. I wish I’d have seen this earlier. Dam it. I’m annoyed with myself. I need to be better at checking the forum.

I am planning on going out for a spin. Where is that cafe?

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm

20200322_114352.jpg
Pic attached as proof of happening :D

Great weather and, as expected, pretty quiet roads. Just one slight routing mishap; sump-scraper, single lane which I should have realised when Sat-nav said it was called 'Horse walk' :shock:

Main cafe was shut but serving hatch was open, so coffee and chips on the beach in the sun was nice.

Bit of fun with an old M3 on the way back on a surprisingly good route my sat-nav gave me when set on 'scenic' and all is good in the world. And petrol at £1.16 a litre :shock:

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Well done, a great morning to be out :)

We had to go on the a272 saw loads of bikes. And a group with modified 911, GTR, McLaren and three Lamborghinis :D

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Well done for getting out
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Well done for getting out and about. Great day for it.

Return to “Members Run Outs”