Spooky - went for a run today and, by chance, met some others!

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Spooky - went for a run today and, by chance, met some others!

Postby Tony B » Sun May 17, 2020 3:05 pm

kenton wrote:
locost220 wrote:Well I never, should have taken a pop up BBQ.

What a great idea, breakfast cooked on the BBQ, Wish I had thought of that, Or did I? ;) ;)

That’s a great idea, Kenton, if you had thought of that that would’ve been great

(Ps, cheers for the bbq breakfast :lol: )

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:18 pm

kenton wrote:Bexhill by the look of it?

Yes Bexhill, as Kev said we did consider taking a burner with us to cook something but I saw something saying that the cafe was open for takeaway so we didn’t bother and it turned out to be shut :lol:

Rickyrjb

Postby Rickyrjb » Sun May 17, 2020 4:15 pm

I think next Sunday should be made law... I went out today on my larry and saw loads of groups out.. obviously social distance rules were being strickly applied.

So we need to find a cafe that is open for take away's.. maybe some recon this week is needed :D

Its going to be a cracking week
Westfield SEight V8

Rickyrjb

Postby Rickyrjb » Sun May 17, 2020 4:18 pm

nelmo wrote:What/where is the Lydd ring? Sounds interesting...

Never done Lydd ring... its like a Nurburgring only near Rye / Camber / Lydd
Westfield SEight V8

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun May 17, 2020 5:55 pm

There are plenty of road side burger vans open in lay-bys etc, just need to find one that makes it easy for everyone and make a route to end up there.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun May 17, 2020 6:37 pm

I really think that tempting as it is to have a return to the SKCC runs of old I really think we should be in small groups of 3 or 4 cars for the moment.
I'm ready to do a similar run next Sunday finishing in a private location. Don't really want to sit in my car in a lay by but would love to have a take away breakfast on the beach or by a lake for example. I wonder if any of the fisheries that are now open will accommodate us?

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun May 17, 2020 7:37 pm

kenton wrote:I really think that tempting as it is to have a return to the SKCC runs of old I really think we should be in small groups of 3 or 4 cars for the moment.
I'm ready to do a similar run next Sunday finishing in a private location. Don't really want to sit in my car in a lay by but would love to have a take away breakfast on the beach or by a lake for example. I wonder if any of the fisheries that are now open will accommodate us?

I agree completely. Large groups are going to attract unwanted attention. Maybe we could have more than one start for the small groups.

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Yes I agree too, we should keep the groups smaller for now just so we don’t get too much hassle

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun May 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Looks great, we saw loads of bikers today, as many as six in a group. Did wonder what they would say to plod if stopped, were they; going to work, shopping for essentials, or perhaps off for one of their sessions of daily exercise?? :?
Can't see the harm in it, but might be worth considering what you would say to plod if stopped?
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 am

In the paper today, police were stopping bikers in the Dales, because " it isn't OK just to go for a ride"

It does seem that we should plan a stop for a walk mid route somewhere it is easy to self isolate.

We went up to Ashdown Forest on Saturday, the carparks were busy but there's plenty of space.

Maybe small groups could set off from where they live, arrange to meet in a quiet carpark in the forest. Have a chat and walk (socially distanced ofcourse) and then head home in groups on some more nice roads.

Return to “Members Run Outs”