Sun 23rd Jan - Run to Bexhill

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nogoingback

Re: Sun 23rd Jan - Run to Bexhill

Postby Nogoingback » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 pm

That's to wrap up the evidence in if i get caught short its a dogs life not all black and white.

Martin J

Postby Martin J » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:42 pm

This sounds like a fabulous route & I would dearly like to join you but I can't even use the excuse of slightly damp weather/roads/salt :roll: as I am taking my youngest to an indoor athletics meet in Canterbury.
Perhaps you can run the Bexhill blat again in the not to distant future for my benefit Mark ;) & I can say hello to a few new faces!

Martin :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:54 pm

would be my pleasure Martin, or perhapsui could tempt you in a couple of weeks time to try out a route that i've put together for a later 'open monring' that we're arrnging at Powerspeed at Ashford.....i have a nice 90 miler sorted and need to time it to make sure it works! that'll be a 7.00-7.15 leave from M/stone services, prob week after next.....

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

ys i know i am a pain, but the post code tn15 7rr, brings up the oakdean cafe, is this the same place or further down the same road going south ? left or right hand side.
Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm

the oakdene is on the right as you head south on the london road/a20, in which case you'll have passed the Moat as its 300 yds up the road on the opposite side.
coming from swanley direction the restaurant is on teh right BEFORE the oakdene, before the m26 roundabout, coming from teh m26 its obviously on the left about 500 yads from that roundabout. see you there, want to be away at 7.25 sharp as we need to hustle to meet Tony at 8 at hurst green.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:25 am

bit of a shower here in 7oaks, weather map shows it clearing, so i'll be at the Moat as arranged.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:54 am

no showers here, just a starry dark sky and me all excited because Im just about to start a blat !!

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:22 am

have fun guys, im in the garage today or trying to convince myself that i need to go down their lol... my uad is calling me!!! ahhhh

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Have fun wish I was out , maybe next week
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Well that was eventful. :roll: Hope you got home ok Mark?

I left home at 6.45 in the pouring rain this morning to meet up with Mark, Richard and Graham (nice to meet you Graham) at The Moat. I arrived just as Mark was getting out of his car. What I didn't realise was....... Well I'll let Mark fill in the details of that.

Bottom line was Mark passengered with me and we headed off to meet up with TonyB and Bryan which we duly did. We then headed to Bexhill to rendezvous with Tony H and Freddie (nice to meet you too Freddie).

We did manage to stop for some beach photo's before breakie and if you had seen Mark breakdancing in my passenger seat trying to get his camera from his "man bag" his words not mine :shock: for a photo op at Beachy Head you would of thought paperrazzi or something lile that.

Mark may well post the route up later but for now, given I am at Emerald near Norwich for the Rolling Road in the morning and have to be at Dartford Crossing before 6am to meet Tony and Bryan I had better sign off and go have a bath.

Good to see everyone today and meet two new faces in Graham and Freddie. Hope you had a good time and see you out again soon.

So no excuse for anyone else get yourself out and enjoy a drive, hearty breakfast and good company. You know it makes sense.

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “Members Run Outs”