Sunday 10th September.

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Sunday 10th September.

Postby DJ. » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:04 am

A short run from Buck Barn McDonalds car park 7am start to Horam Lakeside Cafe.

1. Tony B
2. Kenton
3. Colin
4. Dan
5. Duncan

DJ.

Re: Sunday 10th September.

Postby DJ. » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:50 am

Well we had a great run out today, I was a little late arriving after filling up, sorry, I'd fogotten how long it takes to get to BB.

Four cars were beautifully clean and polished and then there was mine with mud from Hellingly show.

Tony and Kenton headed of at a good pace, quite sensible this morning as I actually stayed in touch. At Pyecomb I decided to let Colin and Dan past as they have around 100-185bhp more than me. A nice run to Ditchling and Plumpton, then on the lanes to Barcombe we lost Colin. Through Ringmer to Berwick it was clear, but through Alfriston we picked up traffic and the a259 was busy.

Turning down to Birling gap the road was clear and all the way to Beachy Head. It was already hot so jackets were removed and Colin joined us after a few minutes.

We went through Jevington, past the Hungry Monk where Banoffee pie was invented. At Polegate Tony was intent on burning off Kenton at the lights, not realising we were going left. Apparently he shot off. the wrong way and went straight to breakfast. A gentleman as always, he waited for us to arrive before ordering breakfast.

Back on route we turned off the a27 at Wilmington and encountered some skittish horses. One would only pass with engines off! We kept the riders happy so all was well.

Breakfast in the sunshine was very pleasant, we had a nice chat, but we decided to leave as it was getting too hot! First time I've written that on here.

IMG_20230910_095923.jpg

IMG_20230910_095931.jpg

Wingco

Re: Sunday 10th September.

Postby Wingco » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:43 pm

Nice write up Duncan.
Thanks to Tony B for organising this morning. Early start for me 44 miles to get tot he start.
Arrive early a first for me :D Dan was there in his nice shinny Caterham 620r, wasn't long before Tony B, Kenton and Duncan arrived, we poop straight then.
Duncan's write of the drive is a good one so will not add anything to his.
Great morning and a nice quick drive and its was warm.
Trip back was lovely, T shirt and shorts, you cant get better than that.
Till next time guys.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “Members Run Outs”