Brands Hatch Taster Sessions 23rd March

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Brands Hatch Taster Sessions 23rd March

Postby greenwoo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Heads up......MSV are running taster sessions as above. 20 mins for £25. If anyone fancies getting involved there are 5 of us booked in for a pre-season warm up :-) Its a great way to dip a toe into the world of track days. All the info is on the Brands MSV website.
1/ Greenwood03
2/ 2kwik
3/ Contaminated
4/ Hugh
5/ John W
6/ Royracer

Hugh

Re: Brands Hatch Taster Sessions 23rd March

Postby Hugh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Looking forward to it, hopefully a shake down run for the kit :D

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 am

Why does it have to be during the week :x :(
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

James

Postby James » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:55 pm

i agree it's bad enough MSV cost a bomb let alone make it a week day now!

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 pm

couple of points on this though and you James i think can bear me out.....
I looked at doing t/d's in France, the cost is cheap, but by the time you add in ther fuel, ferry etc you around the same level as going to Brands which frankly is a nice track.
On the upside, if we get 10 then we can arrange a discount.
There is a post elsewhere from a cple of guys preferring open to sessioned pit lane - i agree, but it would be cool to have a group of 20 kits in 1 session rather than the mixmash of an open......
perhaps we should pull a date and rtry to get 10 as a starter and save ourselves a bit of money. if interest is good then we can look next time at increasing that number???

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 pm

France is very cheap alot cheaper than the UK, i go with lotus on track, the last two i attaended were Croix & Abbeville £89 each one on a friday the other on the saturday drove home sat evening, i did 2 trackdays for the price of one in the UK. Fuel, Hotel, Food, TD's, came to about £450, tell me how to do that in the UK ? with no noise limit either :)

Have you checked the calender on MSV site for brands track days? not only have i now got to pay a silly price i also have to take a day off work... i cant see me being at brands much if at all with MSV this year.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Did you realise it was me waving from the jeep today James??
Anyway, back on track...yes i see your point but in my calcs as i live next to Brands its a straightforward cost - its the cost of the T/D and nowt else, whereas any of the cheaper places - UK or France i have the fuel, hotel - whatever else to add in. But for sure i'd like to try a few other places. France is def on the list but i really want to try Cadwell........i know 1-2 guys that would get involved, perhaps a few from here will be interested as well?

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:23 pm

:O was that you? sorry mate i thought you was just kindly reminding me i left my idecator on :oops:

I live close to brands too but i still think and now know that for the money Brands is not actually a good track, very expensive for OPL day i hate sessions, it's very tyre intensive. it will cost me £450 to go to brands anyway, the days are like £220+, then i have fuel say £70 for the day then i have tyres £300 a set if on R888's.... so doing 2 days on 1 set of tyres @ 2 diff tracks makes so much more sense :)

J

plug

Postby plug » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:17 pm

1/ Greenwood03
2/ 2kwik
3/ Contaminated
4/ Hugh
5/ John W
6/ Royracer
7/ plug :shock:

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 pm

i do like the idea of a day at Croix - stunning little track pretty well made for kits (other than I will run out of puff down the straight). and a very nice drive up and down. must keep our eye out for one of those methinks :shock:
Fun is not a straight line

Return to “Members Run Outs”