Sunday 18th July Early Doors

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

kenton

Re: Sunday 18th July Early Doors

Postby kenton » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Heathfield it is then. thanks

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 am

Cracking morning for a run down to Deal for breakie. Some lessons learned for future reference;

1. Mark must remove the All of Kent single track dust covered lanes as way points in his SatNav.

2. When Mark says are you hungry then try the MEGA breakie. Ignore this advice and have a medium like everybody else :shock:

3. Don't follow Mark as he has no break lights :shock:

4. Do drive the A2067 from Tenderden to Woodchurch aat every opportunity.

Hope everyone got home ok and thanks for a topper morning

............ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Top run guys, some cracking roads and some that are full of cracks!!!, and to keep the consistency going we had a couple of dead ends, "turn around where possible" :lol: :lol:

First time to Deal for me, what an excellent cafe

Mark, sorry about the 'return' leg, me and Kenton went to go to the garage in Deal but the Satnav never took me there, I was to busy looking at where it was taking me to notice that I virtually drove past it, before we knew it it had taken us down so many turnings that we decided to carry on and wait for you at the first garage we came accross - unfortunatley that was at the tunnel services where we were both running on fumes.

I followed your route back and there were some more 'interesting' roads, the traffic had also woken up and I'm not sure we got over 35mph for most of the way,

excellent morning though, and a good warmer upper for Wales next weekend !!! (go on Nigel - you know you want to !!!!!)

AshG

Postby AshG » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 pm

whats wrong with the MEGA breakie? who in their right mind wouldn't want three times everything :D

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I've only just seen this thread for the first time! Kicking myself for being in bed till 11am when I could have been eating vast quantities of fried food. The Mega is definitely the way forward!

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 pm

They'll be another one !!! so dont worry :)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:08 pm

AshG wrote:whats wrong with the MEGA breakie? who in their right mind wouldn't want three times everything :D

Well even Neil !!! didnt manage to finish it.. and thats saying something ;)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 pm

MEGA breakie :shock: here it is 10pm and I've had nothing to eat all day and I'm still bloated :oops: don't plan to eat now until fish'n'chips run on Tuesday.

......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Hah what a hoot! well we did find a few err smaller roads didnt we, sorry about that chaps, it isnt easy to do a route to Deal + miss the main roasds! Great Brekkie and company of course, nice to see you out and about Kenton! Pity we missed you and Tony on the way out, Neil, Chris and I found places in Kent that time has forgotten - until enough was enough and we ran down the A2. Looking in my mirrors i was surpised somewhat to see poor old Chris follow Neil off onto the A28 - having assumed that Neil was following me - which of course he wasnt - he was merely running for home!
Lovely morning: saw the sky change from dusky blue to sunshine as i waited for the alloted start time and then a nicely paced run out and back home before SWMBO could get the hump. Perfick.

Return to “Members Run Outs”