Tuesday the 20th July evening run

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Tuesday the 20th July evening run

Postby Nash » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Nogoingback wrote:By the way Adam your fog light seemed to come on when you went over a bump.
Long drive for Paul but i think he enjoyed playing in the dark Scary!

I think it was Tel's Fog light as I was directly behind Adam

........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Kit cars don't we just love them however much time we spend on them they still fall apart.
Sorry Adam Tel you fog light is very shinny.

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:55 pm

Nogoingback wrote:Sorry Adam Tel you fog light is very shinny.

Definitely not my fog light, it only works one day a year (for the MoT) as the bulb drops out on the first bump!

I've only driven the Military Road once before, on the way back from Hastings in the dark and in the rain. It's much better when you can see where you're going! I can see (literally!) what all the fuss is about now...

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:04 pm

i'm nakered ,good fun ,see you all soon cheers paul

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Good run down to Rye, apart from my thottle cable deciding to shorten and give me a nice 6000 revs whilst trying to brake. Thanks all for stopping and waiting while it was fixed. Stopped at clackets for a bit of fuel and then it decided not to go into gear, managed to get 4th/5th for the rest of journey home hopefully its only the remote linkage again.
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 am

well what an evening! good run down to Rye, ok so we got stuck behind traffic for a while, but that special road for the last stretch into Rye is just stunning. The Military road was interesting, especially after the rear end of mine had a little hop skip and a jump over a weird bit of surfacing - and then the run for home with 2 candles for guidance. Managed to get back without hassle to the m26/m20 junction to find that the road was closed, did a slight detour - nope road closed from that way too! Did the lanes with Matt gamely leading the way and lighting all before him ( well ok i exaggerate ) to find that of course the lanes were the common detour route - pulled over to let a couple of cars by and poor old Matt got scraped by some numpty in a 'Vette. Diffidult to see by the light of a phone, but def took some paint off the rear arch, luckily due to teh width of the lanes he wasnt about to make off, so hopefully Matt will have a sensible conversation with him today......on we plodded for another couple of miles, just about 3 miles from home when Matt came to a stop. Apparently his fuel pump had decided to throw a wobbly - out came the boot liner, looking for the relay to the pump....when it decided it had played enough of a trick and sparked back to life.
What with Kev's cable issues i'd say an eventful evening! Good to see you all as always.
We need to make a bit of an effort to do these things over the comings weeks as it was noticeable that the nights are drawing in - so we may as well make full use.

oh and fair play to Paul - making the trip from Littlehampton to hook up with us at West Kingsdown - ( oh ok and you too Bryan for running solo direct to Rye to join in ).....

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:32 pm

:mrgreen: green with envy, was looking forward to this one but didnt get back from London in time to sort it out, I'm also nursing a man cold at the moment which I want to get rid of before the sheep shagging weekend !!

Glad you enjoyed the run boys, I reckon we've only got about another 5 to 7 opportunities before the light evenings get the better of us this year, and with my 2 weeks holiday at the end of August even less for me :(

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 pm

MAN COLD OH NO!
No sheep shag for Ewes boyo!

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Must have been an evening for car issues, although I feel somewhat of a fake in that my two issues in comparison to other are only minor.

1. Speedo stopped working on the way to Rye
2. When I run with my lights on the car won't rev out at the top end cleanly. Which means I suspect my battery is failing.

As I said minor issues.

BTW Tony not to rub salt in but you missed a cracking night and a great turnout of 10 cars 8-)

........... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

grrrrrrr :mrgreen:

but then again, this weekend we will mostly be annoying the welsh, we may also be enjoying ourselves on go karts, quad bikes, wake boarding and mountain zip wires so hopefully a cracking time awaits :D :D

Return to “Members Run Outs”