Tuesday 3rd August Pub Run

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nogoingback

Re: Tuesday 3rd August Pub Run

Postby Nogoingback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Cant we get one in the boot Paul running out of cars.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Nigel are you ok for Charing Hill 7pm?

Dan have you given Nigel the heads up on this?

......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Bumble Bee Fury

Postby Bumble Bee Fury » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am

I should be able to make it. Be gentle with me as its my Virginal trip out :o . Where do you meet in Westkingsdown ?

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 am

Nash wrote:Nigel are you ok for Charing Hill 7pm?

Dan have you given Nigel the heads up on this?

......... Neil

Yup

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 pm

8-) thanks Dan

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Perry - west kingsdown is the Portabello Arms pub on the main A20, just about 2 miles south of Brands, its on the left coming from Brands direction and has a decent sized car park where we meet. And yes - of course we;ll be gentle.......

as we have 1-2 that are new to run outs a few rules ( that everyone should heed ).
1/ its YOUR drive, so dont get out of your comfort level, its supposed to be fun! that said we all like driving at different pace, and sometimes its possible for a cple of cars to overtake something and others get stuck behind, don't worry. Cars ahead will ALWAYS remain visible should they turn off, meaning, just because you may have lost touch they are still on the same road, just carry on as you were, you will regroup!
a/ its your job to make sure that the car behind you knows that a turn has been made, if he isnt in your mirrors dont carry on after a turn at full pelt, wait and make sure he knows where you've gone, if you slow down the cars ahead will also realise and slow down!!! If necessary, pull over and wait in a safe but visible position so he can see you.

2/ car at the back - running with dipped headlights helps those at the front to see if you are still there!

3/ if you are in your comfort zone, then drive a sensible distance from the car in front, that way its easier to keep the group together - especially thru traffic lights etc. If a group gets split a TLights, the others will pull over and wait.

4/ similar with roundabouts, if its clear that not everyone can get across and its a blind r/about where its not possible to see the direction that they;'ve taken, then the cars ahead will do a circle and come round again to pick up anyone that coulndt get across.

as its a bit of fun for everyone some folks may well take the chance to enjoy a few twistys, do what you're comfortable with, you will not be left behind - they'll no doubt be waiting for you a cple of miles down the road. These runs aren't races, they're a bit of fun and an excuse to use the cars.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Nice to catch up with people and meet the faces behind the names. Nice to get the Phoenix out and about :)

Bumble Bee Fury

Postby Bumble Bee Fury » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Just got back from a 130 mile round trip through Hawkhurst and Tenterden the back through Maidstone. I got to the Portabello Pub at West Kingsdown at 7 O'clock. I thought that I could catch you up near seven mile lane. I thought to myself. "I can use my built in Sat-Nav & my Jedi skills & alot of luck to find the Swan pub. I knew it was between Hawkhust and Tenterden. I didn't find the Pub. :lol:
Never mind I'll catch the next one.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 pm

I waved and flashed as you were coming into Headcorn, but I was in a fairly inconspicuous Alfa...
Hope you had a good drive though.

Bumble Bee Fury

Postby Bumble Bee Fury » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Cheers Hugh. I didn't see your flashes or waves. I'll see you at the next event.

By the way nice car.

Return to “Members Run Outs”