Run 5th Sept to Southways Sports Cars Open Day

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

hearntd

Run 5th Sept to Southways Sports Cars Open Day

Postby hearntd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Guy's,

The guys at Southways Sports Cars are opening there doors for the day on Sunday the 5th September from 9am.

They are located at:
Southways Automotive/Sports Cars
Unit C Plot 5
Fort Fareham Ind Est
Newgate Lane
Fareham
Hants
PO14 1AH

This seems like a great opertuninty for some activity over this side of the M25.
we havent planned a route (or start time yet) but for all of you that are interested lets have a show of hands and we will try and arrange a couple of start points if need be for different geographical areas.
who's more foolish.....

the fool or the fool who follows him???

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Southways Sports Cars Open Day

Postby greenwoo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:37 am

oh go on then.......Trevor, in terms of start points might be helpful to give folks a rough idea of a couple of options - that way those in that area would have an idea that they are within striking distance. I imagine that one route would be in the region of Farnborugh/Farnham ( either as a start or passing that kind of direction? ). Another could be further east - Buck Barn crossroads on the a24/a272 is often a favorite meeting place.
Either way i'll stick my hand up. For those that don't know Southways have recently taken over the rights to the Tiger Cat/Supercat, in addition they provide a repair and build service having experience of building a vareity of kits over the years. So aside from the excuse to have a run and meet some old/new faces might be a useful exercise for anyone that occasionally needs some expert help.

1/ Mark G

hearntd

Postby hearntd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Mark, Thanks for the responce, did type about who the guys were but IE8 crashed and couldn't be bothered to re-type :roll:

We already have an idea for a run down the A31, and the 272 has also been metioned. I will look into some start points, if you have any sugestions for your side, then we can meet over this end.

Anyway better put my name down too.

1/ Mark G
2/ Trevor
who's more foolish.....

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm

oh the 272 my fun road i'm in ,cheers paul

hearntd

Postby hearntd » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:05 pm

OK, so we seem to have a route (as sugested by the guys from SSC).

I am working on a sutiable meeting point somewere near Guildford possibly Newlands Corner
then A31 to Alton (Across the Hogs Back)
A32 to Fareham (About 25 miles of fast flowing A road) apperntly we need to whatch for the Bikers though!

Any feedback on this route would be great as I havn't been this way.

So far we have

1/ Mark G
2/ Trevor
3/ Paul
4/ Chris (from TOC forum)
5/ Martin (from TOC)
6/ Dave ( from TOC )

Any more?
who's more foolish.....

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Trevor, to appeal to a wider area would suggest 2 start points - 1 as yiou've outlined and the other somewhere like BucK bARN - JUNC A24/A272. could either then run 2 groups down there or meet up enroute, ie/ Petworth.

So, pending a final route, who fancies getting involved, we can make a route to suit: so anyone between Heathrow down to the coast and across to the a23 area could be accommodated!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 am

guys - just bringing this back to the top.....
bit of an opportunity for those in the middle or west of the region to get together for a run......and with an open day thrown in as well with bacon sarnies :D

The guys that run Southways have been around kit cars for years and although they recently took over the rights to the old Tiger Supercat they have a business model revolving around fixing /repairing/servicing all manner of kits.

Anyway. with a couple of start points - say Newlands Corner area + Buck Barn on the a24/272 junction it should be possible to have a decent run to a main gathering point ( perhaps somewhere like Pertersfield or Midhurst ). The doors open at 09.00, which is about right as by then the roads will have started to clog.

STUMAL

Re: Run 5th Sept to Southways Sports Cars Open Day

Postby STUMAL » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi guys.Stuart.
Would like to join you for the sept.5th run with a start point at newlands corner.Wil be first run for car.
Sounds like a good day.

Nash

Re: Run 5th Sept to Southways Sports Cars Open Day

Postby Nash » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Chaps, given Lydden is off on the Saturday I may well be up for this on the Sunday morning.

I will confirm presently.

Cheers.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

hearntd wrote:OK, so we seem to have a route (as sugested by the guys from SSC).

I am working on a sutiable meeting point somewere near Guildford possibly Newlands Corner
then A31 to Alton (Across the Hogs Back)
A32 to Fareham (About 25 miles of fast flowing A road) apperntly we need to whatch for the Bikers though!

Any feedback on this route would be great as I havn't been this way.

So far we have

1/ Mark G
2/ Trevor
3/ Paul
4/ Chris (from TOC forum)
5/ Martin (from TOC)
6/ Dave ( from TOC )
7/ Kev
8/ stuart
Any more?
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or