Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run?

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run?

Postby Tony B » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Excellent run this morning, and at a good pace, Marks wayward waypoints were a giggle, sorry I couldnt stop for the healthy brekkie but had to go out 'tin top' hunting!

nice to meet everyone new and old

hearntd

Postby hearntd » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Great run, thanks for coming over this side to boost the figures, shame about the slight detor we took :roll: ... but better late than never (now to ebay for a chee Tom Tom :lol: )

Thanks again lookin foward to the next one.
who's more foolish.....

the fool or the fool who follows him???

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks again for organising this run, it was a good laugh. Any chance getting a copy of the waypoints, so I can see if these will convert into a Garmin format, to hopefully avoid getting lost next time :oops:

Regards,
Steve

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:32 pm

jeffw wrote:Good fun...liked Lee's Phoenix leaving the Cafe, very nice noise...I gave it a go when leaving but I doubt it sounded as good (especially after the re-con starter motor did its party piece). Got back as far as the A21 exit for Tonbridge and the brakes started making funny noises....turns out I've lost one of the mounting bolts for the Willwoods :( I'll get in the garage later and sort it, doesn't look like too much damage to the Caliper or Wheel.

Oh dear :( hows the engine tho??? Suppose theres going to be a few teething issues !
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Engine is fine...new bolt in the caliper carrier (with loctite this time) and all is good. Changed the central mirror to the large SPA Design I have and I've sorted out by errant tacho (Zener Diode & a 4K7 resistor sorted). Taking the car into Docklands tomorrow which will take it up to 450miles since the new engine and with the trip to ATSpeed on Wednesday will take it to 500miles prior to being mapped. I realised on the way home I've not been flooring the throttle so I tried it once...err....pretty fast then :) All I need is to sort out the starter motor and maybe put in new discs and pads and I'm ready for the Ring :)

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Absolutely top day everyone, thanks for organising it! It seems I have finally found lots more likeminded folk, and it is so nice to see so many varied kitcars getting the use they are intended for. Very good pace, safe, and everyone was friendly. After years of banging my head against a wall trying to get interest in guys actually using the cars, it seems Mark has done it!
Looking forward to doing a few trackdays soon with everyone.

Lee

Return to “Members Run Outs”