Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run?

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run?

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Right, anyone from teh western side of the area fancy a run out next Sunday?

Here's an idea.......meet at Newlands Corner ( between Shere + Guildford on the A25, have a look at google, (its a nature spot with a car park ). and then have a 35/40 mile trot along some fine roads ending up at the Chalet Cowfold a tried and tested ( much tested ) Cafe for a cheeky brekkie. Now as some of you know i'm from teh east side of the area, so coming across to do this is only worthwhile if there really is some interest from the 'westerners'.
Timing - to be tweaked: meet 08.15 - get away for 8.30, brekkie 9.30 and back on the road for about 10.30. the Chalet Cafe is just off the A272 at Cowfold. At that time of day it'll be more a morning drive than a full on blat - so if anyone is concerned about whether they;'d keep up or be out of place - banish those thoughts! it'll be a steady run as traffic allows.

Tony/Paul - would you be up for this if there's support/interest? if so we could meet up earlier and have a hoon up to the meeting point - afterwards you're in an ideal spot to cut + run for home?

Right - show of hands please......

Nash

Re: Sunday 8th Aug - anyone fancy a Surrey Run?

Postby Nash » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:20 pm

Sorry on this one chaps, I'm up North getting re-cultured

...............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:37 pm

greenwoo wrote:Right, anyone from teh western side of the area fancy a run out next Sunday?

Here's an idea.......meet at Newlands Corner ( between Shere + Guildford on the A25, have a look at google, (its a nature spot with a car park ). and then have a 35/40 mile trot along some fine roads ending up at the Chalet Cowfold a tried and tested ( much tested ) Cafe for a cheeky brekkie. Now as some of you know i'm from teh east side of the area, so coming across to do this is only worthwhile if there really is some interest from the 'westerners'.
Timing - to be tweaked: meet 08.15 - get away for 8.30, brekkie 9.30 and back on the road for about 10.30. the Chalet Cafe is just off the A272 at Cowfold. At that time of day it'll be more a morning drive than a full on blat - so if anyone is concerned about whether they;'d keep up or be out of place - banish those thoughts! it'll be a steady run as traffic allows.

Tony/Paul - would you be up for this if there's support/interest? if so we could meet up earlier and have a hoon up to the meeting point - afterwards you're in an ideal spot to cut + run for home?

Right - show of hands please......
1/ Kev
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 am

a hoon to the meeting point sounds good to me mark ,i will go and bang on tonys door at 6 ,and get the dogs barking,and then toni will kick him out of bed :lol: :lol: i'm out sat morning to if anyone wants a run form buck barn cheers paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 am

1/ Kev super 6
2/ ZXR400
3/ Mark G
4/ ?
5/ ?
6/ ?

Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Mark

Great to meet you at the Tiger Bash at the Brickmakers.

The run sounds great but im working on the 8th.

14th Or 15th ok!!! ( off work for two weeks) :D

Nick

MangoFury
Site Admin

Postby MangoFury » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Great idea. Would love to but...

... will be slumming it in Miami Beach at the company's expense. Tough life but someone's got to do it.
2009 Fisher Fury, 2 litre standard Zetec, Honda TBs, Megasquirt ECU

davehall

Postby davehall » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 pm

I'll be there subject to me getting all the stuff I've got to get done on Saturday, actually done!

1/ Kev super 6
2/ ZXR400
3/ Dave H
4/ mark g
5/ ?
6/ ?
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm interested, but...

Out for a blat this afternoon and I've broken the plastic mounting for the brake light switch. If I can get this sorted during the week I should be there.

Regards,
Steve

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:04 am

Dave - would be nice to see you out and about - health+ chores permitting.
Steve - better get busy then with you repair :-)

Paul, with Tony's g/box on the sick list i suggest that we meet at the Mc D's at Buck Barn and have a run from there to Newlands, i'll work out a route, but would imagine we could meet there at 7.15 and have a nice run up? Tony, no doubt will talk with you during the week, if you want to sit in the co-pilots seat you'd be welcome....

Return to “Members Run Outs”