Sat 07/08/10 Essex Trip

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

James

Sat 07/08/10 Essex Trip

Postby James » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Well as a followon from my thread of trips to essex Me, Mark and Paul met this morning at some unearthly hour and to be honest it was nearly a non starter due to torential rain BUT we were out and decided the rain would clear and it did :twisted:

Had a fantastic mixed day of fun, this started at 6:15am this morning with some light drifting towards Maldon where we stopped in a right tinpot Cafe ( Crispy Bacon Cafe, 26 The Street, Maldon CM9 4NB ) but to my surprise the bubble n squeak was fantastic and would recommend a re-visit. We then found a old disused runway and performed some wicked 0-60 run's, then noticed a puuuurfect bend at the end so decided while on said runway to have a drift session. :twisted:

After we finished playing we then setabout the second half of our journey, the roads were drying, the sun was breaking through so we made our way to a really nice waterside marina with some fantastic old boats and of course a cafe for a quick coffee break. We drove some fantastic roads and even found a road by mistake which turned out to be awsome! After our break we decided it was time to come home again through some fantastic routes and then sat on the m25 at dartford bridge booo :(

All in all a great morning, the pace was great the company was awsome and the weather just got better and better, Mark & Paul we must do this again :)

Now off to clean my 7 for tomorrow ;)

Paul acting the goon at Maldon, oooi there's only 1 Captain around these parts!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Sat 07/08/10 Essex Trip

Postby greenwoo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:45 pm

echoed.......
Paul well done my friend for braving the weather to get up here from Littlehampton.....considering the 'iffiness' of the weather that's top marks!
As James said grey clouds and rain until the other side of the tunnel and then as if by magic it started to clear. I too had doubts about the Cafe - after explaining 4 times that a strong coffee meant a strong coffee in 1 cup, not 2 weak ones, but i'll be toddling ( waddling ) back there as it was indded good nosh.

The circuit from Maldon was a nice circuit, a real round robin and i think without the Saturday drivers would have been really good, as it was the ere were some fantasic stretches of road ( including the one by accident ) and the old airfield. What better ( safer ) way to have a little play. I wonder how many folks go and play there, if it was on my doorstep i'd be there working on the drifting round that corner.

I think Maldon is such a pretty place, sitting by the riverside with a decent coffee and looking at the Thames barges after a 70 mile trot - purrfect.

Will def initely be doing it again, but suggest a Sunday and early!

Right let's hope that tomorrow is kinder weather wise....

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Sounded an excellent trip this morning guys, Paul's just left my house and was boasting about his drifting sessions !!

gutted I couldnt make it, I was really trying to get my car back together last night and at 7pm when I realised the alternator bracket was all wrong and my missus had just arrived home with a curry I decided it just wasnt going to happen.

next time though !!

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:23 pm

well that was a trip, the westi and me got a good soak ,stiil got a wett bum, good fun though ,westi started to play up ,got home to find the air adjuster had come out ,fixed now and washed her ready for the sunday run , hows the silver fox :lol: :lol: sorry james it comes to us all mate ,thanks lads see you in the morning ,cheers paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Paul, i think the silver fox has headed out to buy some Grecian 2000.......

James

Postby James » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Your both in trouble tomorrow!

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 pm

oop;s we'll have to go some mark to keep him at bay , :lol: :lol:

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 pm

ere James, whats this rumour about you beginning to look your age? :lol:

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Sounds like a hoot today chaps. We decided to have a lazy morning and set off up north later as I didn't get home from work till 10 last night.

I popped down to powerspeed to discuss some stuff and Dave & Andy have some quality in there right now. A Fury with a Zetec getting a Blower conversion, a Gt40, a polished Ali bodied Cobra with a small block ford in it that powerspeed have been asked to prep for IVA by the importer. Nice work if you can get it. :mrgreen:

Now up north and about to go to bed

Don't worry about the grey mate it's distinguished. ;)

..................Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 am

here's James trying to work out what the hell Paul was talking about........

Return to “Members Run Outs”