Match Report 8th Aug Run

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Match Report 8th Aug Run

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:21 pm

yep i know it could go under the original thread - but i thought 'what if the lukers on the forum don't read that, i know i'll confuse them with a new thread'.......

Well until yesterday the numbers were sitting at around 10 cars in total, a number of chaps decided last minute to get involved, some from here and also from the Caterham Club. The run for all of us ended up being 2 runs - to whatever start point and then the run en-masse and for a few of us 3 runs!

James and I popped down to Buck Barn ( and wow what a super drive that was, some new roads to sampe and clear clear - not a soul in sight ) and met: Tony, Dave, Richard ( Cat Club), Rob, Paul, and Bob and after a quick natter promptly had our 1st official run of the day up to Newlands. OK Hands up - i did manage to make the route interesting with the odd waypoint error - suffice to say we all ended up in convoy and arrived at Newlands as planned.

Where we met: Rich ( who had medic Dan with him as co -pilot), Jeff, Lee, Paul ( thats new Paul with another westie - red ), Steve with his quantum and about 4 Caterham guys ( sorry didnt get all the names? Gordon, Steve, Paul?). Sadly Bob G had whacked his sump once too often and it had decided to have a little cry - well a weep. So for safetys sake his aborted and ran for cover. The rest of us set off - which was indeed interesting as only 3 of us had out TToms on as no one other than Jeff had either requested the route or had a TT to pop it on! Needless to say i may have had 1 more waypoint error - which was mildly amusing as James's group which was 1st away ended up behind a few of us! Realised at one point that Rich was leading our Group - no mean feat as he didnt have the route, so did a cheeky overtake or two to get to the head of teh column and on we went.

Found or rather travelled some excellent roads, around south east surrey and sussex - nearing the Cafe i had a mayday from Trev, seems he'd been following Steve who had in turn assuemd that Trev knew the way - '' err we're lost'' - by the miracle of technology they found teh Cafe to join us for teh healthy option - 'large english'.....

So for those that havent been out before or missed this one what did you miss?
the chance to run at your own pace to either rendez-vous, a bit of banter and meeting new faces at both Newlands and the Chalet.
A stonking run - with comedy moments ( ie/ the weird waypoints ).
Jame's popping map behind another Caterham ( which caused the chap to wonder what was wrong with his own car )
sunshine and dry roads for a bit of extra grip and of course the atmosphere that goes with the Chalet - coupled with the chance to listen to Mike as he opened up his Megabusa Westie to demonstrate to one of the bikers what the fuss was all about.

Guys, thanks for making the effort to get out, i hope you all enjoyed yourselves, great to meet some new faces and catch up with old ones too. The next time i personally plan to be in that area is 5th Sept for the run to Southways Automotive at Fareham, now i appreciate Fareham may be a tad too far for some, but why not do part of the run......we can make a great route: buck barn - 272 and oh - anymore would be telling!

Catch you soon
Mark

Nash

Re: Match Report 8th Aug Run

Postby Nash » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Bl**dy typical, the first weekend run I've missed for ages and it sounds like a stonker :roll:

Great to see numbers out so let's hope it's the start of things to come. 8-)

Been away for a day and missing the car already..... Oh and you lot.... It says here :D

Soon.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:32 pm

twas an excellent run and i'm sooo glad I got my gearbox fixed in time for it, every now and again when we get a big gaggle of cars it makes it so much fun, expecially when we first left Newlands and we hit the first few villages all in convoy, the local's just stared in disbelief :lol:

Mark mate, I would say start to zoom in on those waypoints to make sure theyre set on the right roads in future but must admit it's a right giggle watch half a dozen cars trying a U turn down a farm track, myself and James opted for the 'donut on the verge' option !!

Roll on Lydden for me now, off on me hols for a fortnight from Friday morning !!

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

What a great morning, good run,good company,good food.
Great to see lots of cars and good variety. " MORE PLEASE".
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Mark, great summary of the run and thanks again for organising it. Look forward to any future runs I can make.

Regards,
Steve

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:59 pm

:( wish i had a working car and time to get out and about with you guys.

Even if it would be a fair trip for me, it sounds like it would be well worth it.

Oh well plenty of time in the future.
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Yes cheers Mark for a great run out, well done for sorting out some dry weather.
like to do many more when i am allowed out.
hope to see a few of you at Lydden if not before.
Attachments
CIMG0447 (480 x 360).jpg
CIMG0447 (480 x 360).jpg (39.72 KiB) Viewed 3064 times
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

James

Postby James » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Not alot i can add to the above really, yet again another fantastic day with fellow petrol heads and i hope plenty more to come.

I am officially tired and need sleep!

cosmick

Postby cosmick » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry about the drive by demo but you just have to do it with all the bike boys there as well as the gathered members of the SKCC. Glad to have raised a smile to at least one bikers face. the guy who i gave a ride to (Hayabusa owner 2 wheeled version) said "Ive got to get one of these".
Kind regards, cosmick Mike Hayman

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:12 pm

wot a weekend, sat & sun runs,got to say the sun run was a hoot,because it didh't rain,good to see the possy all out well not poor old byran ,soon mate ,and james you cannot be that sleepe at your age , :shock: a grey hair ,thats why your sleepe :lol: thanks mark for putting it all together ,see you all soon b.f.n paul

Return to “Members Run Outs”