Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nick

Re: Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Kev Super 6 wrote:Nick @ Andy if your coming round the 25 and want to meet up at clacketts i will be there for about 6.30

Hi kev,yes will probably see you at clacket Lane.I will fill up there. I think andy will be somewhere close as well.
Give me a call in the morning. Nick

Bumble Bee Fury

Postby Bumble Bee Fury » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Really looking foward to tomorrow. I'll be at the Moat for 7 O'clock. See you all then. :D

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Right i will see Adam and the rest of his group at the maidstone services for 7.
No idea of the route from there so best i not be late.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Just arrived home and unpacked the tin top. Going to bed now as it is nearly time to get up and come out to play :D

See you all in the morning.

...............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:16 am

Morning troops. Weather ok in Maidstone. See you in a bit :D

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:03 am

I spoke too soon clearly! Pulling off the drive my nearside bottom wishbone has just snapped :cry:

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 am

filp me mate lucky it happened at low speed , :shock: paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am

What a cracking morning. For those that 'lurked' and wondered about getting involved......
the 2 Groups met at Sissinghurst as per plan and off we toddled, not one to break tradition we decided to immediately get the 'iffy' waypoint scenario out of the way - except it wasnt dodgy programming this time, but the fact that my sat nav didnt react quickly enough - cue 8 cars doing a quick 'uey' before heading off proper.
The main run was slightly longer than we'd normally do for 2 reasons - Andy, Nick and Tony had travelled a fair way to join in and it seemed a shame not to show them some of Kent/Sussex finest roads, AND the cafe didnt open til 9.
So off we went on a 55 miler, from my perpsective i dont think there was really a duff road, better still we used some corkers: Golford, Wittersham, Military, Camber, BRoad Oak, Cripps - perfect roads which had dried nicely - combined with some lovely scenery - including a drive by of Bodium Castle.
Ended up at the Cafe a tad later than expected due to a rather large fuel stop for 9 cars - greeted in the car park by the sight of Craig R and his band of followers from Eastbourne area - nice to meet you guys, hope to see you again sometime in the not tooo distant. It was here that we also caught up with Jeff ( and Adam ). By some quirk Jeff had had issues getting started at Sissinghurst and was at the back, somehow his sat nav which had the same route managed to get him into the lead ( James caught him down the Military road - but then we stopped for a quick ciggie and to check Nicks car ). Sorry Jeff no idea how you route got you ahead of us, and also sorry that up at the front didnt know that you had the starting issues at the Bull. Adam got detached at Rye at the fuel stop - but with some pace notes and ace map reading from his Dad in the co-pilots seat was able to meet as at the Cafe.

Oh - - Cafe - i'd give that a 8 out of 10 - good brekkie on a terrace overlooking the fisjhing lake - spot on.

It was great to meet a few new faces: Perry, Nick, Bradley and the Eastbourne crew - and especially pleasing to see Tony C's new Tiger ( looks good mate ). The 'making the effort' award is split this week between Andy and Nick who travelled from Farnham and Hampton respectively to join in - quality, well done chaps.

Finally, if anyone has a £100 burning a hole in their pocket - a worthwhile outlay would be on a TomTom - to take the pressure off trying to keep 9-10 cars in formation! If you do so, make sure that it can accept intinerery planning/routes. Would have been ideal if there'd been a couple more with that today.

Hope that you all enjoyed yoruselves, Perry/Bradley - will try and get more of a natter with you guys next time. Right next Sunday .......mmmmm a trip West perhaps?

CRAIGR

Postby CRAIGR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Good meet , good venue, good turnout, good weather ,what more could you ask for.
Good to meet you all and hope to see some of you at Lydden on the 4th.

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:27 pm

agree that was a cracker and that it stayed dry for the duration. A lot of cars I haven't seen before so better still.
Matt and I found a cracking route back to Rye from Hawkhurst (via Peasmarsh and Rye Foreign??) that I am not sure we have tried. Almost continual bendy bits and obviously recently tarmaced for miles so maybe that made the difference.
Also, agree on the brekkie stop. Didn't have the usual full english but went for the bacon and stilton baguette - under the healthy option menu :lol:
Will post pics and vid clips later.
Cheers!
Fun is not a straight line

Return to “Members Run Outs”