Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

plug

Re: Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Postby plug » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Wish I could have gone now. Was up at 6.30am ready to go and then remembered I had the tin top booked in at 9am for a new windscreen. Already had waited for 2 weeks due to the screen being out of stock and it having to be ordered direct from Mazda :cry:

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Just got back, another corker not used to seeing so much green stuff.
nice to see a few more cars again, shame about the heathly eating plan i am on, otherwise would have been even better.
Not sure when i can make the next one, so might be when i come to watch at Lydden.
Agree with mark, for those who havent, get a sat nav(Tom Tom ), load the planned .itn route and then use it as normal.
Simples
Rich
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Mark,

Great run this morning, well worth the run over to Sissinghurst, loads of great roads and followed by a good breakfast, must have done around 150 trouble free miles...........

Only spoiled by just hitting a bl##dy Fallow deer which came out of nowhere driving down a local lane on the way to visit a friend at 3.00 in the afternoon........resulting in a 'broken nose'. It got away too, so didn't have the pleasure of lashing it the back of the rollcage and taking it to the local butchers!!

Car still OK to drive so should be out next weekend, will post separately for advice on fixing fibreglass.............

Cheers

Tony
Attachments
broken nose 1.jpg
broken nose 1.jpg (80.68 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
Last edited by Tony C on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 pm

I still do not understand how I started 5 mins later than everyone and ended up at the Cafe 20 mins before you. I only saw lunatic Jimmy come flashing past in the Green Missile. Where did I pass everyone else ????

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:55 pm

i cant work that one out either Jeff! as far as i'm aware those itn routes should work in exactly the same way irrespective of version/firmware of Tomtom. Clearly a reminder to those who come on these runs to read + heedc the Blatiquette thread - because in fairness we shouldnt have left you if you werent up + running. Hey Ho, hope you enjoyed theroute though!!

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Fantastic morning, good route at a good pace. Took a little detour on way home Mark departed at sevenoaks and i went up through Farnborough Village,Biggin Hill where the Red Arrows were on the runway ready to take off so stopped and watched them go, then carried on through westerham to home. GREAT
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Mark, to be fair I did wave everyone else on when we where in Sissinghurst as I knew I had the .itn file, I was going to act as tail end charlie anyway. Apart from the mad youngster I didn't see a soul and I was literally at the cafe 20 mins before you.

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Greetings the house. I echo all that was said previously it was a cracking drive out. Jeff I can only think you went past us at Rye while we emptied the petrol station of it's stock.

I got home about 2pm and my engine looked at me through the grille and said "Tw*t"

I need cheap horses :roll:

Hope to see you on Tuesday.

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Neil, you clever sod.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Good run out today, and lots of great roads I've never seen before. A random highlight was the dog walker who shouted "they went that way" when he could see we'd been split up from the rest in Rye.

Just put my name down for Tuesday's run... gotta make the most of the summer while it's still just about here!

Return to “Members Run Outs”