Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

AdamW

Re: Sunday 15th August run + Brekkie

Postby AdamW » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Contaminated wrote:I spoke too soon clearly! Pulling off the drive my nearside bottom wishbone has just snapped :cry:

I vaguely recollect there being a recall on SSI front wishbones. Might be worth checking if that's correct, in case you need to replace the other one as well.

Fortunate it happened at parking speed.

CRAIGR

Postby CRAIGR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:38 pm

You must drive at the speed of light you expert you.
Oh and just so you all know in case you missed it he got to the cafe 20 MINUTES before you. Stunning !!
Just to add we were there even earlier but we borrowed doctor whos tardis did THREE circuits of the galaxy and still arrived first :D
jeffw wrote:Mark, to be fair I did wave everyone else on when we where in Sissinghurst as I knew I had the .itn file, I was going to act as tail end charlie anyway. Apart from the mad youngster I didn't see a soul and I was literally at the cafe 20 mins before you.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Nice 2nd post...

CRAIGR

Postby CRAIGR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Glad you liked it.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Loved it....thanks for taking the time.

andy21

Postby andy21 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:34 pm

thanks guys really enjoyed the drive, well worth the drive over in the rain. Great roads, people & breakfast!
Particularly enjoyed the faster bits before Rye trying to keep up with James..

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 pm

AdamW wrote:
Contaminated wrote:I spoke too soon clearly! Pulling off the drive my nearside bottom wishbone has just snapped :cry:

I vaguely recollect there being a recall on SSI front wishbones. Might be worth checking if that's correct, in case you need to replace the other one as well.

Fortunate it happened at parking speed.

You are spot on Adam, there was a recall. How the **** do you remeber that, I think there are only 3 in the UK :shock: I emailed Tiger a while back but they couldn't tell me if mine had been replaced and were not going to send me some on the off-chance. I'll speak to Laura tomorrow.

Dan

Oh, and edit to say - yes I'm very pleased I wasn't on the move! If you imagine that a wishbone is a triangle connected at all three points - just one of those points (one of the two on the chassis) broken was enough to stop the wheels pointing in the same direction and lower the front chassis rail to an inch and a half off the floor :cry: At speed I think I would have been in trouble - along with my two week old sump and paintwork!

Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Mark,Great job today, the roads were superb. Thanks to everyone who joined in and made me welcome.

Hope to see you all soon.

James

Postby James » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

great day and dry for once!!! nice to see some new faces and definatly nice to have some more caterham backup, nice to see you Andy we will come play your way soon :)

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Contaminated wrote:You are spot on Adam, there was a recall. How the **** do you remeber that, I think there are only 3 in the UK :shock:

Many years ago, I used to produce the Tiger Owners' Club magazine, and I wrote a piece on the recall in there.

Why I still remember it, I don't know. Probably because I'm a bit sad...

Return to “Members Run Outs”