1st Sept In and Around West Sussex - evening meet up

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Richard

1st Sept In and Around West Sussex - evening meet up

Postby Richard » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I keep meaning to suggest a run for all those that are in and around the Horsham area or at least 20 miles or so radius. Personally weekends seem always booked and so how about an evening run one weekday - Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Just thinking about a run to some pub somehwere and meeting for a drink and possibly food too. I can think of several from Petworth to Haywards Heath roughly along the A272.

Aim to get to a pub around 18:30 or so and it needs to be a dry day so we need to be in a position to cancel if it rains (unless that's obvious!).

I'm thinking about week of the 23rd so 24th / 25th / 26th dates.

So how many would be interested?

If you are, indicate your preference for nearer Haywards Heath (such as the Sloop near Newick) or the Cricketers at Wisborough Green or Petworth such as the Noah's Ark at Lurgershall (or any others).
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

davehall

Re: In and Around West Sussex

Postby davehall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi Richard

Yep, I'd be up for this although only 23rd or 24th. I'm in Storrington and not really bothered whether it HH or Petworth as I'm roughly in the middle.

Dave
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

hi richard, i live in angmering so the 272 is close to me ,any evening i will be free next week ,don't mind were we go ,cheers paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Oh go on then, i think any evening for me other than Monday next week. Dont mind where......

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

Great and will be good to see you. I'll wait a day or two to see who else can come along. I'm thinking Wednesday assuming weather OK.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

andy21

Postby andy21 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

Away with work that week, although that's an area I can easily get to so will hopefully come along next time...

Ballores

Postby Ballores » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I shall be in Newquay that week again :cry: for the umpteenth time missing a fishing trip here as well, my magic passed today so had a little hoon on the A27 :D

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi richard yes would be up for a blatt out. Let us know on defo day and meeting point so on so on. I will be there, live up de road from paul so we can hoooooonn :twisted: together up to you.

Robo
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:03 pm

OK, let's make it at the Sloop, then on Wednesday at 18:30.

Directions are East of Haywards Heath on the A272 is Scaynes Hill. On the hill turn North beside the garage (and opposite the large pub). Go down that road (a country lane) a mile or so and there is a sharp left hander and a road going straight on. You need the left hander which I think is now the more main road, not the junction. A short way up a hill and down the other side and the pub is on the right.

Postcode is RH17 7NP.

If it's raining or likely to we will plan the same for the following Wednesday after Bank Holiday. If it rains then, we'll think again!
Richard.

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 pm

hi richard, as you live in horsham we could meet at buck barn ,say 5.30 cheers paul

Return to “Members Run Outs”