1st Sept In and Around West Sussex - evening meet up

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: 1st Sept In and Around West Sussex - evening meet up

Postby Tony B » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm in for trhe 1st, been getting withdrawel symptoms for the last fortnight !!, I could shoot down to meet Rob and Paul around Worthing way before flying to the pub

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Richard, i know this one is your baby, but just thought i'd mention that some westie owners are meeting at the Chalet tomorrow ( weds ) evening at 19.00. As a bit of a recruiting drive i wouldnt mind trying to catch up with them, realise that it may be too late to change our plans? ( and normally i wouldnt suggest doing so ), but as interest in ours seems limited, perhaps we could shift to the Chalet? ( yeah i know its a greasy cafe ).......not a problem if that doesnt work for anyone else, i may just try and whizz in to meet them before coming back to the Sloop/////

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 am

Whilst I don't know where the Chalet is and welcome Westies along with anyone else, personally a greasy cafe is more of a breakfast morning meet, not an evening one.

I still suggest 6:30pm at Buck Barn services access road (A24 / A272) or 7:00pm at the Sloop.

Looks like good weather too.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Tempted ;)
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:32 pm

tone you could pop up to jeffs and pick up ta exhast for us so i wont have a car that sounds like its fallin apart saturday :D :D :D pppppppppppppppplllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee please
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:46 pm

thx Richard for organizing this. What a nice pub!
was a bit fraught getting to Buck Barn more/less on time, but what a drive home - yep i trusted in the doughty sat nav and off we set. ( ah i'd better update you chaps - the new headlights were indeed the mutts nuts. Fantastic, and even better the guesstimate adjustment was also close to perfect, didnt dazzle anyone and the light was just so so clear)......
anyway, to the story, the sat nav took me down a few new roads and others that i know in a weird way to get home - but the fun: all b roads, all twisty, a nice clean summers evening , the cold just starting to set in and the darkness adding to the feeling of speed. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks all for coming and yes, it is a nice pub.

I hope to have another weekday run in a couple of weeks to try and get the Hants / Surrey / West Sussex members to be tempted to meet up - there're enough on the map. My car goes on blocks at the end of Sept so it will probably be my last outing this year. How about Wed 22nd somewhere in the West?
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 am

Richard wrote:How about Wed 22nd somewhere in the West?

You've got my attention! :D

Return to “Members Run Outs”