Sunday 22nd August. Breakie Run

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Ben_Copeland

Re: Sunday 22nd August. Breakie Run

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:01 am

James wrote:ermm if its pishing down i wont be out as my R888 rear tyres are barly legal and wont offer much grip int he wet!

Surely that just gives you more of a challenge ;)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 am

that's it -it's going up for sale, the f'in thing. :|
Parked it up 3 days ago with engine running all tickety boo. This morning? Not a click, whirr or clunk. Just silence. it'll be on e-bay within the week . Once I have got the thing running :evil: .
Fun is not a straight line

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Pity Nigel as it was interesting out there.....some bone dry roads, some a little damp and others seriously wet. Still had a corker though, did a new road ( well new to me ) across Romney Marsh to Dungerness for a team pic infront of the Lighthouse. Amended the brekkie stop to Rye as we were all hungry - sorry Bradley, Neil got your text as we tucked into our full english. ( always worth a double check on final destination in case of late change ) if we'd know you were going there we would have carried on.

Popped into BGH where we bumped into Bradely and a potential new member - Craig who has a Phoenix.What with Dan + Hugh urning up there in he tin tops we kind of made the numbers for BGH as it was a bit quiet - obviously down to the weather.

Paul - thanks as always for putting a smile on our faces, Neil - kudos for keeping up, and a special thx to the one with the green machine who ably demonstrated the art of how to go round a roundabout in the style of Tiff. Will post a pic later - unless Kev or Ash beat me to it!

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Well the car needed a wash :shock: when it started to tonk down near Woodchurch and I couldn't see the backs of my headlights for rain and spray I knew I should have put my wetsuit and crash helmet on before I left Sissinghurst. Instead of me looking at them longingly all pushed deep into the passenger side footwell :roll: still my face is nicely exfoliated now and silky smooth.

I have to be honest and say I really enjoyed that. It would have been perfect if I'd had the right gear on from the start but never the less it was still epic.

Not sure about stopping under that bridge on a very wet and quick downhill road though Mark. I did manage to get James's attention as I locked up all 4 wheels as your cars appeared out of the spray :shock: this was James's face under his crash helmet when I arrived.

Never driven through Dungeness before without locking the doors and in this case not even any doors to lock :| well at least I could hear the banjo's

Well done those that turned out and as ever it was good to see you all.

Soon......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

James

Postby James » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 pm

What a interesting morning, so glad i had my crash helmet on though that rain in places was serious stuff, being sandwitched between Mark and Neil both with goggles on and 1 hand over there face trying o deflect rain was rather un nerving :shock: then only to hear unmistakable sound of 4 locked wheels getting close to my personal space ;) Other than that a wicked morning, not enough roundabouts but i had fun on the ones we did find :twisted:

Untill the next 1 8-)

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Second what everybody has said very interesting and very wet, i was absolutely sodden. Good decision Paul to take your roof off :lol: :lol:
Mark the front off my house needs a coat of pebbledash you done such a good job on Pauls car just wondered if you'd be interested. Stopped at the Grasshopper on way back and a few of the Cobra boys where there. Top morning.
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Absolutely chucked it down here... did think about you guys driving through that. Chuckled to myself :mrgreen: :P
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Ben , I can't believe you Laughed Out Loud. That's so out of character ;)

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Many thanks to Paul for taking me out in his car and the chaps for making the detour to meet us in Crowborough.
To put the hood up or down that is the question needless to say we got it wrong. How hard can it be.
Ended up at that well known beauty spot Dungeness nuclear power station for car posing and cousin poking.
Good brek munch at Rye Harbour caff.
Thanks to BGH for displaying their gearboxes and cars. My fave was the green Aston at the back although i would like a fury but bec or cec more decisions.

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 pm

would be nice to have a dry run next time,done the wet :o slid at a good pace ,which is a bit :twisted: 888s and wet phew ,great run and wot great company ,we all still had a good laugh ,and the captian even went into teenage mode :lol: :lol: yes kev very funny ,can't believe i took it down when it rained it's hardist doh :lol: :lol: cheers paul

Return to “Members Run Outs”