Saturday 28th for a run?

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Saturday 28th for a run?

Postby Nash » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am

Dave, not at all, the more the merrier. How was your holiday?

..........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:49 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
6.15am it is then - unless.......
Rather than bust a ball to get to Sevenoaks for 7am, why not find a route across country from Charing and join the troops in Bexhill for brekkie. With Dave, we can have a little trio down towards Rye then find some nice little bendy bits round Battle, Hastings and then Bexhill?? Call me a wimp but just checked that charing to bexhill is 40 miles so why am I getting up at 5.15am for a run/brekkie??
Fun is not a straight line

riddell73

Postby riddell73 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

2kwik wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
6.15am it is then - unless.......
Rather than bust a ball to get to Sevenoaks for 7am, why not find a route across country from Charing and join the troops in Bexhill for brekkie. With Dave, we can have a little trio down towards Rye then find some nice little bendy bits round Battle, Hastings and then Bexhill?? Call me a wimp but just checked that charing to bexhill is 40 miles so why am I getting up at 5.15am for a run/brekkie??

Sounds like a better plan to me Nigel.....

Holiday was good...weather not so good, but a break none the less. Just hope I don't get a similar soaking to the one I had just before I went away!
"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive"

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 pm

err Wimp....
i know you're getting on a bit but does it take you and hour to pull on a pair of strides and a shirt?

Ianz18Avon

Postby Ianz18Avon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm

As I'm in the middle of the 2 meeting points and a late-ish decider :) I'll see you there (as usual).

Ian

kenton

Postby kenton » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks for the email prompt mark,
would love to join in tomorrow, GF will also come if not too cold!! Where would you like me to wait? approx time?
Thanks kenton

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Mark, albeit the drive from Canterbury to Charing is one of the best there is, the drive from Charing to Sevenoaks is hardly memorable? :( I just thought that we could be having a very enjoyable blat this end of the County on the many routes down to Rye and Battle and still make it to Bexhill for brekkie. I just don't get the attraction of a 5.45am 'out of the house' start. :? And yeh, half an hour for a shower and get the car out is a bit excessive but hey, that's age for you. Right, where were we Dave? 7am at Charing? You have PM. We'll make it up from there unless Neil wants to sort a course. ;)
Fun is not a straight line

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Kenton,
same place that James + I met you and Tony - the road to Punets Town, Heathfield end. I reckon it'll take us 50 mins give or take. so if you could be there from 8.10 that gives me a chance for a crafty ciggie! i reckon the 'window' for us getting there is 8.0 latest 8.20 - so as i say, aim for the middle of that.

kenton

Postby kenton » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks mark, see you in the morning.
kenton

cobra andy

Postby cobra andy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 pm

so are some of you going via Rye ?

I could decide to pop across and meet you there say 8.30 ish behind the chippie and then take you across a few of my favourite local roads on route to Bexhill ??

If not no probs, see youfor breakfast in Bexhill.

Return to “Members Run Outs”