Spa 16th Sept

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Spa 16th Sept

Postby Nash » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 pm

When I get more horses I would definately be up to go back to Spa. Not keen on the Monza option as you spend over 70% of the lap on full throttle. :shock:

Silverstone new GP circuit, Brands International circuit and Zolder is suppose to be good.

Roll on November and the Zetec. Hopefully ordering it and the ECU this weekend.

........... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Nash wrote:first time over the top of Eu Rouge I thought "that's a lot of curb".

Agreed, that scared the poop out me! Mind you I take that much kerb - on the Playstation :shock:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:28 am

Eau Rouge was 'interesting' , I was doing around 220Km/h in the compression at the bottom and then feathering the throttle through the right hand section later in the day. I was just hitting the soft limit in 5th before Les Combes which is around 140MPH. Thinking about it now I should have changed down at the exit of Eau Rouge and I would have been a bit quicker into Les Combes. Blanchimount flat stick at the revlimit in 5th was pretty exciting as well, I was lifting for the 2nd left hander but probable didn't need to.

The car was having an issue chewing up the new discs (265mm x-drilled and grooved Powerlite kit on Wilwood BP20 pads) and there was variable pedal after about 5-6 laps. The discs now have ridges across them. I have spoken to Rally Designs and they say I shouldn't have been running BP20 pads on x-drilled discs. They have, very kindly, sent me a new set of plain discs FOC and a set of Mintex 1144 pads (which I've had to pay for).

The car performed very well and in the 2nd session I was overtaking loads of things and it was only the full on race cars which where catching me. The car got a lot of attention in the paddock (especially when it started pissing down).

Overall a good trip but the rain I could have lived without.

Things that need changing
Discs & pads
Battery (bought a race battery, should save 3Kg)
Starter Motor....need to get a hi-torque motorsport one. I was sat in the outside lane of the E40 wait for the ambulances/police cars & Helicopter to sort out the accident and decided to switch the engine off. 2 mins later the traffic started moving and the engine wouldn't start !!!!!!!!! Engine was hot and the starter motor hasn't got enough power to turn it over. Two blokes from the X5 behind kindly bump started the car :D This is the 3rd time this has happened so time for an expensive starter motor.
Car need a lightweight alternator as well I think....save a few Kg.

I'm back to Atspeed next Saturday so that they can centre the vernier pullies and we can play with the cam timing. I'm sure there is more power there. If I can't get it to 180 at the wheels we will be looking at pistons/cams/rods to get up to 200 at the wheels over the winter.

The guys who run the Spa day (http://www.driversdays.com/index.php?Itemid=12) reckon we should be going to Mettet with them....this is a new circuit which is a far bit closer to Calais and is more suited to kitcars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdh3gv4z4oU)

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Looked ok but it was no Spa. Wide looking circuit.

......... Neil

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Spa was 350Euros the other one is 170Euros.....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:06 pm

350 Euro's well spent IMHO :D

......Neil

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:25 am

Blimey Jeffs looking at more engine upgrades :o when will it stop ;)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 am

when he rules the world.... Na.Ha.Na.Ha....Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.......Harrrrrrrrrrr

........Neil

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:52 am

lol Jeff, do you want to train me in whatever you do as i would love your seeming endless stream of money!

200bhp at the wheels is just plain madness in a car of your weight! 200 at the crank is mad enough!, saying that i am looking into supercharging mine lol

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:32 pm

I love that quote 200 hp at the wheels is madness in a car of your weight! but I'm looking to Supercharge mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So lets exam the facts shall we James;-

1. Your car is lighter as std.
2. Your car was more expensive to buy by a lot.
3. Supercharging yours will put it over 200 hp at the wheels.

In terms of overall spend car for car there probably isn't much in it.

Reality check though chaps IMHO......... you're both mad :D

nothing to do with the cars BTW

......Neil

Return to “Members Run Outs”