Spa 16th Sept

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

James

Re: Spa 16th Sept

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:01 pm

dont think a SC will fit :( i do wonder how much bhp at the crank i need to get 200 at the wheels? hmmmm? anyone, if i say drivetrain will lose me 20% i need 240 at the crank? im sure somone on here can make a more accurate guestimate :)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm

240HP at the crank is about right

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:47 pm

well with a K series that will cost shedloads! not impossible but i think i would change the engine to a Duratech if i was going over 230bhp with a k series as reliability comes into question at that point!

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:13 pm

lol Jeff, do you want to train me in whatever you do as i would love your seeming endless stream of money!

200bhp at the wheels is just plain madness in a car of your weight! 200 at the crank is mad enough!, saying that i am looking into supercharging mine lol

How are your firewall & IT Security skills ? Able to work at a Architectural level for some of the worlds top 100 companies? If so I will hire you to do my job :) And....I've just stopped paying school fees (£1200 per month) so....time for so car money !!!!! Seriously though you have spent considerable more on your Caterham (which is obviously worth more)

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 pm

jeffw wrote:
lol Jeff, do you want to train me in whatever you do as i would love your seeming endless stream of money!

200bhp at the wheels is just plain madness in a car of your weight! 200 at the crank is mad enough!, saying that i am looking into supercharging mine lol

How are your firewall & IT Security skills ? Able to work at a Architectural level for some of the worlds top 100 companies? If so I will hire you to do my job :) And....I've just stopped paying school fees (£1200 per month) so....time for so car money !!!!! Seriously though you have spent considerable more on your Caterham (which is obviously worth more)

Well, i am able to programme Juniper & checkpoint firewalls, spent 3 months setting up and making alterations to the financial times firewalls to name but 1 contract, dabbled in watchguard, mailsweeper ect, i did this in a 3 month break from the cctv, access control, intruder security based systems i normally spec, design and commission i have been doing so since i was 17, so yeah i could get by with a bit more insight :)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:41 pm

So you now know where the endless "stream of money" comes from. I've done consultancy work on firewalls/IT Security since 1992 for people like RBS, Pfizer, Glaxo Smithkline, BT, Capgemini, Barclays & Thomson Reuters as well as a whole host of smaller customers. I run a IT Security company which does the consultancy work on all the major firewall vendors products as well as selling SonicWALL, Juniper & Checkpoint products. I am currently doing work with Thomson Reuters on over 800 checkpoint clusters.
Last edited by jeffw on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:46 pm

jeffw wrote:So you now where the endless "stream of money" comes from. I've done consultancy work on firewalls/IT Security since 1992 for people like RBS, Pfizer, Glaxo Smithkline, BT, Capgemini, Barclays & Thomson Reuters as well as a whole host of smaller customers. I run a IT Security company which does the consultancy work on all the major firewall vendors products as well as selling SonicWALL, Juniper & Checkpoint products. I am currently doing work with Thomson Reuters on over 800 checkpoint clusters.

:O failover checkpoint clustering nice! about the only system thats easy to work on as a cluster replication wise, i just wish checkpoint would sort out that poxy secure client! juniper cluster = headache nsm :( uurggh!, sadly i have never got into the consultancy side im more of the hands on guy, yes i know i could make the jump and earn the money but i really dont like wearing a suit stupid i know but true! maybe that will change as i get older i might dislike the tools but right now i love it :)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:53 pm

A lot of the new work is designing and implementing large scale VSX systems for multinationals....I still do the implementation work as well if required.

Return to “Members Run Outs”