Sat 4th Run to East Anglia......

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

James

Re: Sat 4th Run to East Anglia......

Postby James » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 pm

cool write up mark, really wish i was their be it a passenger! just makes me want to rebuild the 7 even faster :)

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 pm

what a nice little run we had ,i meen by the time i got home westy and me had only been 480 MILES :o but what a day ,same thoughts as you mark ,the westy was for a run out on a sunday ,did'nt plan to be in a club ,but glad i did, cheers guys a good old bash
paul

Eliseman

Postby Eliseman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks lads for an excellent run out saturday . Better than any track day .320 miles of pure fun chris
ps. feel an upgrade needed on the toolkit

gilescooperuk

Postby gilescooperuk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 pm

greenwoo wrote:thx Adam, have done a route already and funnily enough will be around the b115 - the other side of Sudbury ( so we'll miss the 1058 )......
ironic eh that the Tiger boys are leaving E/Anglia just as we arrive! Even nicer that not one of them bothered to respond with a bit of local info about roads to travel etc etc. Now where does Giles live and where's that jemmy.

That is for two reasons....

1. I don't use the tigerownersclub.co.uk forum any more - got bored with it as nobody seems to be asking anything new (virtually any question can be answered if people bothered to use the search function). And if you put anything up there about events / runs then you don't get any feedback - the derbyshire run thread only got a reply when Ian Welch (molestrangler) put something on about the weather forecast for the weekend.

2. You were coming into the south of the area - have a look at the map of the forum members. I don't know many routes around essex, suffolk etc further north yes but not down there....

The next time you are looking at doing another run up here - let me know but bear in mind we run on a longer timescale than you southern speed merchants - so we need at least a few weeks notice to get people organised mainly due to the fact everything is done through a printed newsletter once a month.

Giles

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Giles ,nice that you found us. Totally agree gettingh commitment can be a 'mare'......
unless its a Group event we dont tend to do long range planning, more spur of the moment. It was just a pity that gioven the numbert of members of EATOC no one had any suggestions for roads to do or avoid.....given that we had a blank canvas. Irrespectiv as usual we had a top time, and would gladlyt spend a weekend or 2 blatting ( early ) around some super roads....looking forward to seeing picof the Derbyshire blat

gilescooperuk

Postby gilescooperuk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Well roads to avoid would have been easy

A1
A14
M11
M25
A127
(route to my brothers house - very boring but has to be done....)

You have to remember with EATOC quite a lot of members don't even have email so getting things organised quickly can be an issue (or if they do they only check it once a week usually the day after we have something on).

Personally I tend to know interesting routes north of me rather than south - the norfolk roads are good fun but that is a long way up from you in Kent.

Giles

Return to “Members Run Outs”