Sat 18th Sept ....EDITED POST

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nogoingback

Re: Sat 18th Sept ....EDITED POST

Postby Nogoingback » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Nige i am going to meet tony at 4 now "hands off cocks and on socks."

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 am

4???? The neighbours will love that lol
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am

I have no car Ben so the days of waking them up are over or are they?
I have a cunning plan to put this wright.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am

Ah so the neighbours at the end of the road when Tony or Paul pick you up will love you then ;)

Hurry up again get it sorted
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

riddell73

Postby riddell73 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

2kwik wrote:Markie
Change of plan :( I have to be back in Canterbury for 11am latest so can you work around that? Fine if I spin off at some point but clearly better if we are over this way ;)

Would be up for a run out. Maidstone Services good for me....just let me know the time :D
"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive"

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:07 am

Dave, should have given me a call - i guess by now it may be too late for you to see this - the time was as stated on page 1 - 7am at the services - maidstone.....welcome to still join us.....

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:06 am

looks like a cracking start to the day........

James

Postby James » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:36 pm

had a wicked run out as passenger in marks car, must say im not th best passenger but felt quiet safe all morning, i will add i think mark needs a air freshener as the stench of dead badger is not good!

Wicked run, great stop at the war memorial, stunning views for breaky, top run back home :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 pm

what a top little run......
for those who may wander through these pages.....
picked up co-piloy James and met with Nigel + Dave, a trio of Tigers and headed off into the countryside. For those that know the usual Greenwood routine - yep we did indeed find a nice single track road - well it looked ok on the map! James had remarked on getting into the car that the fuel gauge was showing 'empty' so i reassured him that it has another 2 gallons or so when it gets to that point. Seems i hadnt remembred too wel when it had reached that point! Cos i ran out of go go juice ( again). Nigel kindly whizzed off to the nearest garage and returned with a gallon + yet another new can, i ought to have a garage sale fo those blloming cans, i must have about 10 by now!

the question of brekkie or more exactly 'when the bloody hell are we going to eat' was raised.....so off we toddled, winding our way through some old favourites until we reached the other side of Folkestone where we pulled into the Battle of Britain Memorial. Th esun was shining bright, the enemy coast in sight as we wandered around the memorial.

Brekkie was but a short hop away. A gem of a Cafe that will be added to the 'list'. Tucked away on the clifftop, steps leading down to the sea. With the sun still shining it was a joy to sit outside and bask in the view, Folkestone Town and Harbour nearby, Dungerness further along the sweeping Bay and France a good stones skim away.

We split at the Cafe with Nigel running for home and leaving Dave and I to meander a few backroads - great idea til i hit a dead badger. Not to be recommended, the stench remained for about 10 minutes, well to be accurate the putrid stench remained for 10 minutes, it was still ponging when i got home. Dropping James off he kindly fiddled with my trhottle bodies and showed me his new gym equipment - with the engine out of teh Caterham it seems his workout is a few lifts of the front end of the car!

As usual, great company, some corking roads - where to next???

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Pics from sat run, the war memorial really was a great stop on such a fantastic day!

View from the Breakfast stop

Poem witch i found quiet touching, the names on the wall made me feel quiet strange!

Spitfire, the best plane EVA!

Again another memorial statue that i found interesting

Return to “Members Run Outs”