Sat 13th March - Kent - Rye

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Toltec

Re: Sat 13th March - Any Takers, any ideas????

Postby Toltec » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

greenwoo wrote:No probs Chris - next time??

Definitely. 8-)

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 pm

greenwood03 wrote:Right. In the absence of any other takers let's keep this one simple.
Assuming that we're going to try and meet Neil around 10....at Indulgence...

Meet 07.20 Maidstone services - to get away 7.30, head for Rye, James thinks he may have a new road or two to show us, and then back up Cranbrook 'ish ending up at the Oakdene for about 9.00 for brekkie......
1/Greenwood03
2/ Contaminated
3/ James
4/ Ross
5/ 2kwik ???
6/ ???

Perfect Mark, although I may not get along to 7-Indulgence as I've got family over for lunch on Saturday. (I'll have the ferry money with me, so remind me to hand it over).

Cheers

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 am

Right quick update:
Contaminated has starter motor issues, so has dipped out, Nigel isnt likely to have his car back from the garage. Leaves Ross, Myself and James. Will talk to you both later to sort out of we leave from m20 services or moat wrotham.......

no other takers for a nice morning run????

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

greenwoo wrote:
no other takers for a nice morning run????

Only if you dont mind a blat up to Milwall and are happy to leave them parked in the side streets whilst we watch the match! :shock:

greenwood03

Re: Sat 13th March - Kent - Rye

Postby greenwood03 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Tony, i dont normally go off topic on posts, but on this occasion..... Please help me reconcile the statement 'football match millwall charlton' - struggling with that one.

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 pm

not me. Indulgence say I can pick it up early next week :cry:
this is the last time it's off the road for unforced reasons and can't wait for the next opportunity. Dan and me are having a RR session next week so fingers crossed nothing goes bang at that one. Next weekend is entirely FREE ;)
Fun is not a straight line

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Nigel - we'll have a chat during the week about ideas for next weekend.....i quite fancy the idea of an early ( i mean early ) start and a play down in west sussex.....there's some cracking roads. But let's see whats what and who wants to join in from where, then we can sort something to suit...

James

Postby James » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Guys,

I do apologise im going to have to pull out, i have been offered a cheap trackday at goodwood, ive done goodwood yet so cant resist.

~Have a good blat guys i will see you on the next one i hope :)

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Well they say that life should be an adventure, try something new and all that! I forgot to ask Ross if he'd ever been in a tow truck before!!
Had a great Blat down to Rye, not without a small navigational issues....made 2 routes last night as was toying with visiting Bexhill as i like that Cafe, for some reason ( prob that i went to bed a silly oclock ) i told Ross that we were going to Bexhill when i met him. Switched the sat nav on - all fine, till we got to the Lamberhurst bypass, wretched thing wanted me to turn left not right....mm i thought, i'll wing it and follow my nose towards B/Hill. Rule number 23, never amend a route without changing the place names - the Sat Nav was right, its just that all the waypoints were incorrectly labelled as i hadnt bothered to rename them after 'dragging the route' to amend it - hence 'Wadhurst' was really Goudhurst etc. Spent the next 10 mins trying to figure out why the device was wrong.....DOH!!! Great brekkie and a natter.
Part way home Ross's front suspension decided that it had had enough of the bumpy roads/potholes and decided to give up and have a rest, or put it another way - it expired: Right front shock detached itself ( looks like it may have snapped ) and the Tiger adopted a very odd stance. I thoght for a mo as i went back to find him that he'd lowered it for better ground effect - but an inch off the deck wasnt really suitable for the 'B' roads!
Give us an update Ross when you get home.........

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Blimey, if you guys didn't want to come down to Indelengence to say hello this morning that was ok but you didn't need to break your cars and get lost to prove a point ;) :D

Graham said Ross was coming down with a snapped shocker. I didn't realise it happened this morning.

........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “Members Run Outs”