Exeter Show

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Furyous Kev

Re: Exeter Show

Postby Furyous Kev » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Neil, how much was the diffuser, i was looking at the Roadrunner and thought it was a nice piece of kit. One of the more affordable kits that was there
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:00 pm

ah was thinking about you earlier Kev and the fact that you'd been n the missing list.......meant to call you during the day but ran out of time. all ok with you? we going to see you out and about soon?

Tenpin

Postby Tenpin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

We must arrange this better - everyone who's going to an event should speak up! ;) Neil and I had both said we would be there, and we did manage to catch up. What's even more galling is that my car was in the main hall as well - just opposite the DNA stand as you came in the main entrance.

I spoke to a lot of people, who had travelled from the Sussex / Kent area to the show, sadly somehow none of them had (previously) heard of SKCC and some even bemoaned the fact there was no-one around to go out for a drive with! One knew about the military road, "but that was too straight!, more fun to be had on the twisty ones!"

Seems like we could do with SKCC business cards to hand out, even at distant events to spread the word.

Stuart

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 am

We did look at business cards a little while ago. Infact there's a thread lurking somewhere mark and I were talking about it. It was decided if people wanted to get business cards done then we can supply the SKCC logo for them. But due to the cost that would basically have to come from marks pocket it was best each person sorted it out themselves, as low qualities were relatively cheap. 250/500 free business cards, etc.
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 am

I don't under stand ,i just googled kit car clubs and found it that way,if a dipstick like me who can't use a computer can do it ,well thers no hope realy :?

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 am

Stuart, as Ben says there's a thread amongst the many on here about business cards, the rough short version was that there were a cple of companies that were doing trial deals which looked like they were free - ie/ get 50 cards or something for nowt but the postage. I actually had some generic ones done as a trial and have i think about 100 indoors which i'd gladly pass onto anyone who is going to a show for an extended period. ( liek your good self ).

I'd also wondered about the viability of at some point getting some A4 flyers and seeing if CKC would be happy to pop them into their mag or have them on their stands at the various shows.

That said, SKCC does get mentioned on the Cob / Westie/ RHood / Caterham / Pistonheads forums when we have group type events coming up and sad to say that take up + interest is generally pretty weak ( or non existant ).

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:40 am

I used to use VistaPrint for my business cards, worked out about £8 for 250 with a glossy finish.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 am

It does work sometimes Mark ;)
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:41 pm

greenwoo wrote:I'd also wondered about the viability of at some point getting some A4 flyers and seeing if CKC would be happy to pop them into their mag or have them on their stands at the various shows.

I have a couple of thoughts on that which we can chat through at some point...

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Kev Super 6 wrote:Neil, how much was the diffuser, i was looking at the Roadrunner and thought it was a nice piece of kit. One of the more affordable kits that was there

Kev the RR SR2 defuser is i think £96. inc VAT. They did seem somewhat disorganised and i haven't had a call from them yet.

Did i see your car on the Tiger stand Saturday? i did look for you and ask but zilch.

Cheers......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “Members Run Outs”