Carfection on LCC Rocket.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Carfection on LCC Rocket.

Postby DJ. » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:29 pm

The Rocket has always appealed to me. Shame they are so expensive, but Henry Catchpole has driven one on the Carfection Youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQPIBFz1ZJo

I'm not sure I would want to own one, even if I could afford it, but I'd love to try one :)

Crunchie Gears

Re: Carfection on LCC Rocket.

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Duncan I have driven one! :twisted:

Back in the 1990’s my brother and I built a LR Roadster RAM SC which had a Reynard chassis and a lot of power. It was brilliant, I only mention this as one, we had something to compare the Rocket to and two we where looking at a replacement.

We went to the then Cambridge Light Car Company and had a test drive. It was light and clearly very fast but it was not until I had a passenger ride that I realised just how quick it was :? :oops: :o :shock:

The driver was flat changing and the sound and acceleration made the Cobra seem slow in comparison. But what sticks in my memory was the road holding and more importantly the brakes! We were coming at speed to a T junction and he left the braking soooo late I thought we were though the hedge on the far side of the road. No dramas it just stopped. We did not end up getting one as it was too expensive but I as you would love to own one. :D :D

DJ.

Re: Carfection on LCC Rocket.

Postby DJ. » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Sounds like an exciting day out :)

Return to “Car Related Discussion”