Silverstone WEC

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Silverstone WEC

Postby greenwoo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Wondered whether anyone had been along to the 6hr WEC racing at Silverstone - normally its on around Sept as the 1st of the Le Mans series.

It popped up on my radar last night, and quite fancy it - with the new Hypercars making their first start. But no idea if is a good atmosphere/watch etc ??

b33fy

Re: Silverstone WEC

Postby b33fy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:50 pm

I’ve been along a few times Mark. Last time was when Webber was with Porsche. Good day out, roving ticket with free grandstand access. Bus service around the circuit. Got full hospitality one year after a large firm cancelled at the last minute. Food bar etc for next to nothing. Will probably head there this year, might look for a last minute hospitality deal.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 pm

ooops....just lost some its appeal as Aston have pulled out of the hypercar class. Bugger.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:58 am

Haven’t looked into it in detail yet, though the Hypercar grid looks pretty sparse. Still plenty of time for it to improve. If the GT grids any good, might still be worth going. You can go last minute as the crowds aren’t huge and tickets availability isn’t a problem. The weather bothers me mostly at Silverstone, as it can get pretty blustery and wet.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 pm

yep, think i'll revise planning anything til last minute..had really hoped the hypercar class would take off.
If i were Toyota i'd be seriously pissed off - as they will have nothing to compete against until 2021 ( no other cars scheduled to join the program/grids til then)...

Return to “Car Related Discussion”