Engine rebuilder needed.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

nortonnut

Engine rebuilder needed.

Postby nortonnut » Mon May 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi. I've recently done some work on my 2L Pinto and some of the bits I had to remove allowed me to see inside parts of the engine. It is obvious that the engine was not stripped and rebuilt before being put in so it's 33 years old.
So, I'm after recommendations (from personnel experience) for individuals or companies that could do this for me. I live in Hampshire but anywhere in the South would be OK. I did look in the "suppliers recommended" section first but found nothing in there.
Cheers. Mick.

Wingco

Re: Engine rebuilder needed.

Postby Wingco » Tue May 05, 2020 7:16 am

Hi Mick, I had some head work done on my Pinto by Vulcan engineering near Brands Hatch.

http://vulcan-engineering.co.uk/home/4593993628

They have been doing this sort of thing for years, I was very pleased with what they did for me.
Hope this will help.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 am

Had valve guides replaced/triple cut seats lapped and head skimmed here, nice bunch, good job and seemed to know his stuff ...

http://cmesuk.com
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

nortonnut

Postby nortonnut » Wed May 06, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi Wingco and Flyingtiger.
Thanks for the info. My previous Robin Hood had a Vulcan engine and I was impressed with the performance of that. Flyingtiger's recommendation is more convenient so when I'm ready I will have a chat with them first.
I like your carb Bellmouths/Velocity Stacks Wingco. What carbs are hidden behind them? I've just finished fitting a set of Yamaha R1 carbs on to mine. Tried it out down the lane yesterday for the first time and it felt like I'd fitted a Turbo.
Cheers. Mick.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 am

nortonnut
I like your carb Bellmouths/Velocity Stacks Wingco. What carbs are hidden behind them?

They are Hayabussa carbs made into thottle bodies, they sound the dogs whatsits when on full chat.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”