Alternative run out time.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Alternative run out time.

Postby DJ. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Last night I went out for an early evening run in the Seven with my wife. I did similar roads to Sunday morning.

It was between 7 and 8pm so plenty of light, but there was actually less traffic than 9am Sunday.

So, if you have a kit, but hate getting up early on a Sunday, take it out while everyone is having dinner on a week day evening :)

nelmo

Re: Alternative run out time.

Postby nelmo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 pm

An interesting idea - but wasn't it getting a bit cold by then? For me, it would just mean getting really cold waiting for the AA van whereas at least in the morning, it should be getting warmer as I wait :D

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 am

DJ. wrote:Last night I went out for an early evening run in the Seven with my wife. I did similar roads to Sunday morning.

It was between 7 and 8pm so plenty of light, but there was actually less traffic than 9am Sunday.

So, if you have a kit, but hate getting up early on a Sunday, take it out while everyone is having dinner on a week day evening :)

Well done for getting out
But as no photos it didn’t happen :D
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am

Good idea Duncan, might have to try that shame there's no cafe's open in the evening.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:47 am

Kegco wrote:Well done for getting out
But as no photos it didn’t happen :D

Good point Kev it must have been a dream :lol:

I take it you're still having trouble with your misfire Neil :cry: Someone on Lotus 7 forum had a lot of trouble with misfire at high revs. The two solutions suggested were power feed to the ecu and the crankshaft sensor. Good luck finding it.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:23 pm

DJ. wrote:I take it you're still having trouble with your misfire Neil :cry: Someone on Lotus 7 forum had a lot of trouble with misfire at high revs. The two solutions suggested were power feed to the ecu and the crankshaft sensor. Good luck finding it.

Ha, no - all sorted (well, I hope). It was the TPS wiring - I'd used crimped spade terminals to add some length and I've come to the conclusion that either my crimping tool is crap or my technique is. Either way, the connection was loose in there - as soon as I took the insulation tape off, 2 of the wires just dropped out the terminals :shock:

Soldered them instead now and seems ok so far... :?

I had a similar problem with my ignition wires a few months ago and that has been OK since I soldered them.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Good :D

Return to “Car Related Discussion”