Out for a drive, where to go??

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Alex.

Re: Out for a drive, where to go??

Postby Alex. » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Jeez, was this nearly two weeks ago!!

I ended up buying a TomTom sat nav and spent Thursday evening sorting a route for it, using b33fy's description. Then the flippin' thing would not stick to any vaguely flat surface!
Back to the old school list of towns and turns taped to the dash. :D

It is a cracking route, down twisty back roads and easy enough to follow. I came back along the A259, which is a bit too towny but I couldn't see a straight forward route along to the Military Road.
I had heard this road mentioned and wanted to see what it was like. It didn't disappoint! Gets a bit bumpy at about 90. :lol:

Overall I can heartily recommend it and may even be able to supply an ITN, if I can figure out how to extract it...

Alex.

Re: Out for a drive, where to go??

Postby Alex. » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 pm

Weathers wrote:Also let me know if you decide to join us on a Sunday run (I’m not going this weekend but will next). Can always plan an interesting pre blat blat in true Tony B/Kenton style.

Unfortunately I'm going to be running up to Norfolk every Sunday until at least the end of October, then the weather will probably be a bit dodgy... :(

Weathers wrote:Have fun tomorrow. I might take a leaf out of your book and start doing midweek runs whilst the weather is ok!

Do it! I can heartily recommend it!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”