IVA central register

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Ollie2910

IVA central register

Postby Ollie2910 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:34 pm

Does anyone know if there is a central register for vehicle's which have passed an IVA? I have a vehicle which has various IVA bits of paper work including a couple of minor fails but no certificate that clearly says pass.

The car is registered (does this show that it has passed an IVA)

many thanks. :-)

Jasonmpk

Re: IVA central register

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 pm

Hi, am sure that you can only register a kit car if it passed the IVA or the previous sva, the only other way it could be registered is if it has had a previous register from another vehicle and it was copied , so just make sure you check the history of of its registration so ensure it is as it should be.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:31 pm

I do agree with Jason to check.
The way I see it is if its got tax and a MOT it must be registered, The chassis number must be registered with the DVLA along with registration number.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:04 am

Make sure the vehicles correct details are on the V5 and all the numbers match the engine and chassis. (Though the engine may have been changed at a later date) If information matches then it would have passed the relevant IVA test as you can’t get a correct V5 without one.

If the V5 says Ford Sierra or other car then it’s likely the car hasn’t done a test and the “donor” cars V5 has been retained.

Oddly in the classic car scene it’s sort of acceptable to build a “new” car and use a chassis plate and V5 from a donor car. In the car theft scene it’s known as ringing. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:00 pm

When you first register a car, you have to send off the IVA pass certificate and you don't get it back, so no-one will have it (unless they photocopy it, I guess).

Return to “Car Related Discussion”