got one!!

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

David T

Re: got one!!

Postby David T » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 am

Think they are all the same. I had to 'persuade' mine to fit the scuttle. Worked in the end.

http://tigeravonbuilddiary.blogspot.co. ... creen.html

David T

Postby David T » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:17 am

scotty wrote:Shes moaning her helmet keeps try to take off(stop sniggering at the back) at "speed" the two humps stop this? Think look a bit better but i have some lexan so could make a stubby screen easy.

I found a motorbike helmet would try and lift all the time, as I believe it is designed more for 'head down' use. Oooer.

Since getting my V2 Helmet I've not had this issue. http://www.v2sport.com/Elite/V2elite-wh ... icles.html

"This helmet is fitted with a chin skirt known as a duck bill, this skirt creates down force in open cabin vehicles to help stabilize the helmet at speed, helmets without the skirt can have a tendency to lift."

The aeroscreen actually made the wind worse for me as it directs the full airflow straight at my head - I am tall. For shorter passengers it is much improved.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am

David,
I'm sure I've asked this question of the V2 before but when I tried one on at Autosport a few years back and found the face / chin guard was very close to my face/mouth. Does yours feel the same?

......Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

David T

Postby David T » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Not had an issue and I've got a fairly non-standard long face/chin. :lol: It really does help keep the misting down, although on a very cold morning you do need to open the visor a crack at low speeds.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Is yours the Elite or the Pro? I think I tried on the Pro (not sure what the difference is in spec?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

David T

Postby David T » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Elite.

scotty

Postby scotty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:55 pm

scrooge wrote:Nowt all yours if you want it,came of my tiger ,think they are all the same size? I am sure somebody out there will put me right , I am near eastbourne

Cheers scrooge i will be in contact as i think we maybe poping that way in the week,what do you drink ?

Scotty
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

scotty

Postby scotty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 pm

David T wrote:
scotty wrote:Shes moaning her helmet keeps try to take off(stop sniggering at the back) at "speed" the two humps stop this? Think look a bit better but i have some lexan so could make a stubby screen easy.

I found a motorbike helmet would try and lift all the time, as I believe it is designed more for 'head down' use. Oooer.

Since getting my V2 Helmet I've not had this issue. http://www.v2sport.com/Elite/V2elite-wh ... icles.html

Interesting, i was looking at a few karting lids,i likecthe fit of arais as they have always felt made to fit will have to try one of them.

"This helmet is fitted with a chin skirt known as a duck bill, this skirt creates down force in open cabin vehicles to help stabilize the helmet at speed, helmets without the skirt can have a tendency to lift."

The aeroscreen actually made the wind worse for me as it directs the full airflow straight at my head - I am tall. For shorter passengers it is much improved.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:13 pm

No worries fella,just pm me when you are heading this way . Nice helmet david. Martin

Return to “Car Related Discussion”