Rolling Road - Suggestions

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Rolling Road - Suggestions

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 am

Gents,
The Fury has an annoying flat-spot before the engine picks up, can anyone suggest a rolling road near(ish) Guildford that can deal with a X-flow on Dellortos? I just called GRL in Woking, but the guy was only interested in Webers, seems "no cars" have Dellortos these days.
:roll:

It idles & revs OK, & it's been on a rolling road before, so it's not a mile out, just needs tweaking.

Alternatively, if someone has a fast road X-flow on DHLAs & knows the jet sizes, i'd be interested to see if any of mine are very different & play with it a bit myself.

Ta

T

Contaminated

Re: Rolling Road - Suggestions

Postby Contaminated » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:12 pm

A bit too far over for you I guess but me and Nigel (2Kwik on here) have just booked at Gerald Dale near Hastings for the 18th March. Track day at Brands on 23rd so I need the horses!

nick-c

Postby nick-c » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm looking for a rolling road too, need to get the zetec sorted, last time we used http://www.spchorsham.com/

Trying to find somewhere nearer to Chichester that's good with a bike carbs and megajolt setup.

Nick

goaty

Postby goaty » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

you really need to ring around alot, i know most places work with webers but few stock delloro jets etc.
I used HT racing at brands for my pinto on webers but i know Aaron can do dellortos, worth phoning if you dont mind th elil drive round.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Contaminated wrote:A bit too far over for you I guess but me and Nigel (2Kwik on here) have just booked at Gerald Dale near Hastings for the 18th March. Track day at Brands on 23rd so I need the horses!

Superb :D <scratches head and wonders if work load can be rearrange so I can tag along>

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi,

I live in Horsham and travelled down to see Gerald Dale, and I'd recommend him, he improved my pinto engined Cat and a friend's A series engined mini, however since then I've been recommended to SPC in Horsham by a number of people, there's a guy there called Ike who seems to know plenty about webers, so dellortos should be no problem, I'd give them call and see what they say. Horsham isn't too far from Guildford, so might be worth a visit.

Cheers

Tony
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

AshG

Postby AshG » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 am

i have been to quite a few rolling roads in my time and ATSPEED in essex are by far the best i have ever experienced.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”