Step forward, organise an SKCC event!

Here's a link to the main calendar - the Events detailed are SKCC Group oriented, this does NOT contain runs from the memebrs section!

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Step forward, organise an SKCC event!

Postby Tony B » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:00 am

folks, hopefully you will have seen the 2017 events calendar start to take shape here

Well, its a bit sparse at the moment, last year we had a bit of a debate on the 2016 calendar thread here, we had some early ideas of monthly meets and one at Leeds castle etc

Well, don't be shy, do you have an idea that you can turn into an event? or a suggestion you would like others to turn into a reality? - it would be great if we get a fun packed agenda for this club in 2017

I really liked the "way out" days - East, West and Norf, maybe someone has a burning desire for another 'le blat' across the channel or another 'weekend away with the better halfs'

lets fill up the diary, so get those thinking caps on and put some ideas down .....

b33fy

Re: Step forward, organise an SKCC event!

Postby b33fy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 am

Tony and all, the Leeds Castle motors by the most event is on 6th-7th May, I'm happy to organise for attendance for one of those days. A couple of caveats to the event, its £10 per car entry and as an "exhibitor" you need to be there between 0800-0900. The website also states no exit before 1630. The lack of flexibility may put potential attendees off. Thoughts??.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm

b33fy wrote:Tony and all, the Leeds Castle motors by the most event is on 6th-7th May, I'm happy to organise for attendance for one of those days. A couple of caveats to the event, its £10 per car entry and as an "exhibitor" you need to be there between 0800-0900. The website also states no exit before 1630. The lack of flexibility may put potential attendees off. Thoughts??.

I've been to this event before and it is good. Went with SWMBO so it is a family friendly event BUT you are locked in between those times as Mike says.

I'd be up for attending and if we make a show of it with awnings, videos, stuff to do etc. I'm sure it'll be good. It's certainly a good venue.

Mike happy to help you organise as required Sir.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I would be happy to take things in the tintop...if it helps

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm

I fancy doing the Cheddar Gorge run that Graham organised a while back. I think I've got his route still. So it would be just a case of when to do it

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Matth93 wrote:I fancy doing the Cheddar Gorge run that Graham organised a while back. I think I've got his route still. So it would be just a case of when to do it

Good shout, I'll be up for that one, why not just pick a date and see what happens ? :D

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Tony B wrote:
Matth93 wrote:I fancy doing the Cheddar Gorge run that Graham organised a while back. I think I've got his route still. So it would be just a case of when to do it

Good shout, I'll be up for that one, why not just pick a date and see what happens ? :D

Ok I'll have a look at the work diary tomorrow and work out a date

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Perhaps we could arrange a Tangmere aerodrome visit, for the 267 members who didn't make it last year :D

For me, it was a highlight of 2016, 32 cars (I think) cracking weather, breakfast meet up for a large part of the group, great fun, banter, etc, and we had 6 cars/drivers swanning about in Wales, at the same time, and strategically planned, as so we didnt miss them :lol:

The venue, of Tangmere, is a must, even to those unlike me, who have no interest in aircraft,
However the history, of WW2, the Pilots, the ground staff, the Civilians, etc etc, is a must

I will go back there again, on my own if no one else will

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 pm

I'd be up for most of these ideas, the Cheddar run was good and Lee joined us last time. And I'll join you to Tangmere Steve, I was talking so much I missed half the museum!

I had thought of doing a way out west until I got involved in organising one of the other runs, but I think Cheddar would be more fun :)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:01 pm

steve m wrote:The venue, of Tangmere, is a must, even to those unlike me, who have no interest in aircraft,

Steve, If you want blatt / aircraft, how about the FAA Museum at Yeovilton? Easily one of the best aircraft museums in the country with all the planes indoors, most of the jets ranged on a dummy carrier deck (you can walk round the "island") & separate displays of both Harrier ( :D ) & Concorde.

Or Duxford in the flatlands is also very good - they've usually got some WW2 planes in bits in the walk-through workshop

Return to “Calendar for Group Events”