New member with a Westy

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Combine04

New member with a Westy

Postby Combine04 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 am

Hi folks,

Having spoken to the old Surrey area lead on WSCC (thanks, Steve), he suggested joining up here. Not new to forums but new to kitcars. Here is my SEI Westfield, '96 chassic with an 1800 K series;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161233151@N05/30236317637/in/dateposted-public/

Picked up in December last year, hence the funny gear... soon realised bobble hats create drag above 69MPH...

Here with a desire to find new roads around Surrey and also hopefully a local ish garage that can help change a clutch as believe my release bearing may be on its way out :roll: Any pointers? I'm based in Motspur Park nr New Malden.

Thanks all!

JD

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: New member with a Westy

Postby greenwoo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am

that's a tidy looking car James -as for roads around Surrey etc...
there's often runs in what we call the 'mid' area....with start points that stretch from around edenbridge across to Pease Pottage/Buck Barn (a24/272)....the runs are around 50-80 miles finishing at a Cafe.
Not compulsory, but most of us now use TomToms with itinerary planning, which means that we can create a route, share it and then everyone goes the same way without necessarily having tio be nose to tail.

Members Runs, they're just that, any member can suggest a run out, day/time etc and others then put their name down. We try to follow an unwritten rule for all runs/events, that being 'name down = commitment' ( barring disasters /drastic weather change).

can't help with a garage suggestion over your way....
hope to see you out and about
mark

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am

Ah, I used to drive through Motspur Park twice a day to get to / from work. Watch out for runs from Newlands Corner (near Guildford) or Blackbushe Aerodrome, they're the most frequent start points over this side, but Buck Barn McD would be easy enough - straight down the A24.

Garages, my local one in Guildford could handle it, but it's not a complex job, could you not do it yourself with some SKCC help?

Hope to see you out on a run soon, the remembrance day one is usually a good one to get on, good fun & quite moving.

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi James,
Welcome on board
Good looking Westy

Kev
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Dicky94

Postby Dicky94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Welcome, nice looking car that!

Get out on some runs with this lot, should get you on some unknown roads

Dicky

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice looking car. Welcome to SKCC.
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Combine04

Postby Combine04 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Fury1630 wrote:Ah, I used to drive through Motspur Park twice a day to get to / from work. Watch out for runs from Newlands Corner (near Guildford) or Blackbushe Aerodrome, they're the most frequent start points over this side, but Buck Barn McD would be easy enough - straight down the A24.

Garages, my local one in Guildford could handle it, but it's not a complex job, could you not do it yourself with some SKCC help?

Hope to see you out on a run soon, the remembrance day one is usually a good one to get on, good fun & quite moving.

Thanks for this, chap - sadly don't have the time or space to fiddle myself. Would like to in the future but bought from a friend when looking for something "light, light, and light" having had lardy BMW and Audis all my life.

Guildford is indeed not too far away - which garage would that be?

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Welcome to SKCC, nice photo..........you just need some ear defenders to keep your hat on :)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Combine04 wrote:Guildford is indeed not too far away - which garage would that be?

Well, the folk that can definitely do it are the good people at Snodhurst - there's a lot of posts here in the recommended section, they are some way away - but worth the trip. But the one I was thinking of is just down the road from me, called Silvesters, on Aldershot Road, Guildford. It's a family run garage, honest & old school motor engineers. Their Number is 01483 236999 if you wanted to have a chat with them.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the club. Nice car. Sorry I can’t help with garages over that way but someone will know and come along to advise

Once again welcome.

...... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”