Hi all

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

iaint64

Hi all

Postby iaint64 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm

After spending many years riding fast and loud motorbikes I finally decided to hand up my leathers and try something with 4 wheels instead of 2.
I've always fancied restoring an old car or building a kit car, but after seeing the prices that even buckets of rust go for I decided to go for building my own car. I spent many hours on the internet reading up on all of the different ones and finally plumped for an MEV Exocet. Everyone said how easy they are to do as basically you are just throwing away the old MX5 shell and replacing with something lighter. Great I thought and not an expensive way of getting into the world of Kit Cars.
I have made a start and am really enjoying doing the work. I've enjoyed it so much I decided to treat the little car to a new heart. Out with the old 1.6 Mazda lump and in with a 3.0 ltr V6 Jaguar lump, I do like a challenge.
I know I will be asking loads of questions of you guys as the build progresses and I hope that you will be able to help. I can post a few pictures if folks are interested as I progress.

DJ.

Re: Hi all

Postby DJ. » Fri May 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Welcome to SKCC :)

The more photos the better, and if you want to join us for a breakfast during your build, you'll be very welcome.

Duncan

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Welcome, great engine the V6.. turbo’s nicely.. just saying :lol: Welcome to the Club. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri May 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi and welcome to SKCC.
We love a picture so get posting.
So what area are you from ? we can point you in the right area for some fun and Sunday morning breakfast runs.
There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here who will answer your questions.

Keep us posted and come out with us, there is plenty of empty seats if you want a ride.

Colin
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

steve m

Postby steve m » Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Welcome, to the club, we have a lot of experts in here, unfortunately we are not sure in what :D

Im sure we have at least one MEV in the club, but I cant remember who!

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi and welcome to the club glad to hear you enjoying your build so far. Keen to see where you are with it.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Yes welcome, as has been said, turn up to a breakfast & ask for a passenger ride round the block - we'll accept any excuse to take the cars out.

Lots of ex bikers on here, so plenty of folk to compare scars with :D .

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi Iain and welcome to the club. Pictures are a legal requirement around here so post away Sir.

How long have you been working on the MEV? I'd be very interested to hear your impressions of the build quality and ease of assembly. We had a guy here who built one for CKC magazine and the object of the article was to see if you could build one in profit (after selling the unused bits).

Once again welcome

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Iain,
I wondered when you lot on the MEV forum would get over (after my constant join join join) and join the best Kit Car crew :D Welcome aboard buddy! PS> just answered your question on the MEV forum ref IVA.

:D :D

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:34 pm

steve m wrote:Welcome, to the club, we have a lot of experts in here, unfortunately we are not sure in what :D

Im sure we have at least one MEV in the club, but I cant remember who!

steve

C'est moi!! or.... Its me :D

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”