Hi all.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

nelmo

Re: Hi all.

Postby nelmo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:50 am

Phone them up and ask - if you can get through, they were always very helpful to me (ask for the K&S department).

For weight, go large (700kg) if you haven't actually had it weighed. They weigh it at IVA and if you have stated a weight less than it actually is, that's an IVA fail (doesn't matter if you said it was more).

I'm sure that if you write some explanation of why you haven't got receipts, it should be OK. You only need receipts if you want an age-related plate. Without them, you'll just get a Q plate.

Just remember, you are dealing with admin people who know NOTHING about cars, never mind kits. They're just ticking boxes...

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Cheers for that advice, it's very appreciated. I'll put 700kgs on the Gross weight part, what would you recommend for the axle weights ? I've put 500 each axle but will take advice seriously.
Re receipts, I think I've found where the engine, gearbox and axle came from, and he says he can add the wishbones to it if i want :D

I just need to resolve the main chassis receipt from the guy i bought the rolling chassis from this year.
I tried to include the build description as a word doc, but it wouldn't load up, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Although I'm not after and specific number plate, i just want one that will allow me to drive it :D The engine is a 1979 age , but the main donor was a 1977 so there's my main problem with getting an age related plate i think so am happy with a Q.

Jason

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Jasonmpk wrote:Cheers for that advice, it's very appreciated. I'll put 700kgs on the Gross weight part, what would you recommend for the axle weights ? I've put 500 each axle but will take advice seriously.
Re receipts, I think I've found where the engine, gearbox and axle came from, and he says he can add the wishbones to it if i want :D

I just need to resolve the main chassis receipt from the guy i bought the rolling chassis from this year.
I tried to include the build description as a word doc, but it wouldn't load up, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Jason

Er, don't the axle weights have to add up to the gross weight? Pretty sure I just put half on each but I can't remember.

Sorry, can't help with the rest - I had receipts from GBS but I wanted a new reg so I had to show full receipts for the main sections (engine, gearbox etc.) - are you sure you need ANY if you're happy with a Q plate? Just explain you bought it years ago etc - I can't see why they would care about receipts? To prove you haven't stolen it? :D

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Cheers nelmo, I'll take your advice very seriously, and will certainly buy you a few cups of tea when i get my first drive out to a meet :D

I'll re-apply again at the weekend, and await another ten days for their reply.

Jason

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm

no idea about IVA, but surely it's just a paper exercise. Receipts for anything that's secondhand is easy enough for anyone who owns a printer and who can 'think' of who they might have bought certain parts from.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Jasonmpk wrote:I'll re-apply again at the weekend, and await another ten days for their reply.
Jason

Have you tried calling? They were shutdown during the main lockdown but I'm sure they'll be back now. I'm too impatient - I wouldn't bother waiting 10 days between replies...

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi all, No I've not called them yet, I have reapplied, and will wait my turn. I did try calling several departments recently about a chassis number to no avail, so gave up. I got it through the post about 7 weeks later so the government get there in the end. :)

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Well, The car was ready and I eventually got passed the IVA application, so I've got a test booked in on the 15th, then I found out my x/flow has an oil leak at the back of the block so this weekend I've got to lift it out and change the sump gaskets as well as the main half moon rubber seal and rear crankshaft seal :( Definitely wasn't my plans to get the car ready for next Thursday !! So i'd better get my Haynes manual ready and start the strip down :o :cry:

Jason

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Depending how bad the leak is, it isn't necessarily an IVA fail. If it's just the odd drop, you'll probably be OK.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”