JoG LEGEND 2

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

JoG LEGEND 2

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Well, we briefly discussed it after Lands End and the majority blew it out BUT currently I have three names that are up for it.

John O'Groats. (thats the place NOT one of the names :lol: ). It won't be a there and back the same day as that would be too much even for us. So over a weekend. The options open to us are:

1. Leave late Friday evening (post rush hour) and stop around the border area. Saturday to JoG and head back. Again stopping Sat night somewhere and getting back Sunday. This is the least stressful option.

2. Leave early Sat and push on to get to JoG late Sat, stay over and push back Sunday. More stressed but cheaper as it reduces the stayover by a night.

Timing will be mid summer ish

So far the names up for JoG are:

1. Neil
2. AdamW
3. Nigel (2Kwik)
4.?

Come on you know you want a JoG LEGEND 2 tee shirt. This is the stuff of legend people. Think about the story you tell your Grand kids, I went to JoG in a kitcar over a weekend. I can tell you we are already dining out on the Lands End run.

So come one come all.

.......Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: JoG LEGEND 2

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Neil, is it worth clarifying a few bits n pieces for folks......

are you talking about the real LeJog - ie/ starting at LEnd, or just starting from say 'the south'.

are you talking about doing motorways or A roads or?

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm

OK To be clear:
Starting point is The South. NOT Lands End

We are talking mostly A1 with some occasional A roads (non Duel-Carriageway) and obviously in Scotland its more A roads then carriageways.

.....Neil

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Careful with the A9 as plod are often on the prowl and there are a few sneaky cameras too, but I'm sure no one on here every exceeds the speed limit ;)

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

I'd be happy with either of those options, although the better kudos is to do it with just one overnight stay.

There was a feature in Evo just recently where they drove a Nissan GTR from LE to JOG inside 24 hours without touching motorway.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 pm

AdamW wrote:I'd be happy with either of those options, although the better kudos is to do it with just one overnight stay.

There was a feature in Evo just recently where they drove a Nissan GTR from LE to JOG inside 24 hours without touching motorway.

Oi.. A challenge :ugeek: I wonder what the average mileage per hour that is? EDIT I work that out to be averaging 70mph :evil:

If you go A1 via Newcastle to JoG and return the same way using Dartford Tunnel as the start / finish line thats 1,361 miles. EDIT We only have to average 57mph easy pezee

Lands End to JoG to Lands End is 1,695 miles.

I reakon doing it in our cars more then makes up for the mileage shortfall :mrgreen:

........Neil

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 pm

I've been thinking about this over the last few days, so count me in 8-) .

Staying with the three day option for the moment - that realistically means driving a kit to Stirling on day one, Stirling to JoG & back to Stirling on day two (that's about 500 miles :o ) & Stirling home on day three.

When you say Evo did LeJoG in 24 hours I take it there was more than one driver in each car??

Don't see the point in saving £50 on an overnight stay myself when the fuel alone will be >£300.

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Fury1630 wrote:When you say Evo did LeJoG in 24 hours I take it there was more than one driver in each car??

There was just one car. The journo was going to drive it all, but had to let the photographer do a stint.

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 am

I have to agree that the Friday start is soooo much more appealing. The task of driving all the way up in a day is really based on 'no problems' and will include a headlong pursuit towards martyrdom. :shock:
A cheap couple of overnighters (pre-planned) sounds better - even a day run up to Stirling sounds bonkers in any event! :lol: It would also mean that we could stray off the route if the roads coax us off the plan. It's Scotland and the Highlands - can you imagine not being able to get out and wonder at it all?? :?
There's plenty of kudos to be had just doing it over a weekend (Friday-Sunday) which, in effect, it would be. There's only one way to settle this. FIGHT :lol:
Fun is not a straight line

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 am

So the LEGENDS at this point are:

1. Neil
2. AdamW
3. Nigel & Matt
4. Tony H

Ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club.

....... Neil

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”