Thruxton GT Build

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

paulc

Thruxton GT Build

Postby paulc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 am

Hi,

My Thruxton GT kit has finally arrived (actually arrived a week or so ago, but its taken awhile to drag myself out of the garage)

Everything is now squared away, and I've had a good look through all of the boxes. I'm pretty certain I know what most of it is, and I'm sure the rest will become apparent once I get going.

Here's a few photos to get things started:

The heart of the beast! :D 4 litres of V8 goodness from a TVR chimaera (The plenum has been modded to squeeze under the bonnet)

The bodywork is safely tucked away in the kitchen for now.
(I think I may have the most understanding girlfriend in the world, she even helped carry it inside)

I'll post some more pictures once I've made some progress!

Paul

scotty

Re: Thruxton GT Build

Postby scotty » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:07 am

Very nice! Really like the look of these! And with the v8 should sound good to! Be intresting to watch good luck.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:29 am

Exciting time. The calm before the storm. Remember Paul no matter how dark the night a deep breath and a cup of tea makes it light again.

Enjoy it and we'll see you out on the ice. :)

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Red27

Postby Red27 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:19 am

Wow, if you hadn't said your girlfriend helped, I'd have thought you'd got Derren Brown 'round to magic that bodywork into place. That could turn out to be a blinding idea - it'll either spur you on to get the mechanicals done, or serve as a constant reminder of how much you still need to do. Keep up the progress reports and we'll help with the encouraging comments :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24 am

mm how long before she decides the kitchen isn't the place for it, having said that my missus hates cooking so perhaps its the perfect excuse not to do too much?
Good luck with the build, hope we'll see some updates along the way.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Should be brilliant with that engine, I'm looking forward to seeing it progress :)

My wife was pretty good with eth dining room full of boxes for a couple of months, but I'd never have got away with that :lol:

By the way, have you got some blankets to cover the body with? Otherwise someone's bound to drop something on them.
From the bloke who dropped a socket on his aluminium bonnet earlier this year :roll:

AshG

Postby AshG » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:52 pm

little tip. put the back edge of the bonnet up onto the ledge on the rear tub while your storing it or it can go out of shape (the middle will drop and the sides will bulge out on the bonnet.

where are you located? i managed to get a thruxton body over my haynes so have kinda mastered fitting the body part :-)

paulc

Postby paulc » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:14 pm

We'll see how long before I have extra motivation to get the body fitted. :D

Ash - good call on sitting the bonnet on the body for storage.

I'm just north of Portsmouth.

Paul

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:40 am

paulc wrote:I'm just north of Portsmouth.Paul

Just down the A3 from me then, I've also fitted a full body, not the same (Fury) but I may be able to supply help / experience / sympathy if you want some.

AshG

Postby AshG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 pm

the worst thing about the full body cars is they are a two man lift every time you want to take the bonnet or rear clam off, which can be frustrating if you dont have a willing assistant. im over in kent but sometimes work down in southampton, next time im going past i will send you a message and try to pop by. if you get your finger out you may be the fourth example on the road.although you may get away with saying third as mine is technically a bastard with a thruxton body.

p.s if you decide you dont want your exhaust coming out the side i can provide some guidance on how to get it to the back

Return to “Car Related Discussion”